Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (39 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaska

May 25, 2013
Sign the Angel of Maria. Sign Kostic. Announce Pogba. Don't sell De Ligt. Sell Kean. Sign Berardi. Sign a LB. Sell Alex Sandro or convert him to a LCB.

This would be a good start.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
If we land di maria, then we should definitely dedicate the money to CM and LB, if we don't then the next best choice is berardi

Berardi is the best winger in serie A
I'd get your Berardi choice. However I believe Znaiolo's ceiling is much higher.

To me, Di Maria and Chiesa as the only pure wingers is way too thin. Chiesa hasn't even recuperated yet and Cuads will def be needed elsewhere too.

LB is possibly almost done with Cambiaso and I guess we'll only be going for another CM when we can make room and actually ditch at least 1 or 2 overpaid turds in Arthur, Ramsey or Rabiot.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We need more players with grinta and direct approach like Chiesa and Vlahovic. Someone to eat that turf with them for dinner.

The usual names we see these days aren't bad but they aren't super good either.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That's what you don't get, it's not all about talent and ability. Id even go as far as saying talent is not even 20% of the equation.
I don't deny that Berardi is a useful utility player, and that he definitely has the stats to back it up. Perhaps he does possess heart and grinta, and maybe he will fit into the system we're trying to play. I just don't know. I don't think he's good enough to be a starter for us, and there are many question marks surrounding his attitude, play style, and big game mentality. Sassuolo wants 40 million for him, and I feel that's too much for a player with so many question marks and no resale value.

I am also aware of the concerns regarding splashing money on Zaniolo, but if given the choice, I'd always opt for the younger more exciting option :D

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
I don't deny that Berardi is a useful utility player, and that he definitely has the stats to back it up. Perhaps he does possess heart and grinta, and maybe he will fit into the system we're trying to play. I just don't know. I don't think he's good enough to be a starter for us, and there are many question marks surrounding his attitude, play style, and big game mentality. Sassuolo wants 40 million for him, and I feel that's too much for a player with so many question marks and no resale value.

I am also aware of the concerns regarding splashing money on Zaniolo, but if given the choice, I'd always opt for the younger more exciting option :D
Basically, if we have to choose between Berardi and Zaniolo, than no question -> Zaniolo.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Basically, if we have to choose between Berardi and Zaniolo, than no question -> Zaniolo.
Berardi is an interista who has refused to join us in the past, probably partially also thanks to this. I would have never signed him.
Zaniolo is Juventino, but 50m is too much. he is a gamble, 350-40m should be maximum.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Cuntobile is the top scorer in the division, but that doesn't make him the best striker. Retardi is a mini Jabroni waiting to transform into a full fledged Jabroni should he move to a bigger team - I don't like him, don't trust him and his stat padding is a consequence of being a focal point on a mid tier team. He wouldn't replicate those numbers at Juventus. Yes, his numbers might indicate he's the best winger in Serie A, but in terms of talent and ability, he really isn't.

I agree that we should make funds available to strengthen midfield and LB, but we need to dump Fagiot, Glassmsey and Arturd first. I'd also like Rovella, Fagioli and Miretti to get proper opportunities (perhaps loan one of them out).
Immobile has definitely been the best striker in Serie A in many of his seasons, as Berardi has been the best winger. Lazio fans won't give a crap about Immobile being poor for Italy while breaking scoring records every other season for them. We can wait years talking about talent while other players perform. Balotelli had more talent than Immobile without a doubt, yet ended up with 1/10th of his career.

Not that I wouldn't be happy to sign Zaniolo, it would be great, massive talent and he does seem to want to work hard for it. He doesn't have the attitude of a lazy player at all, only his knees are a question mark sadly. But a player like Berardi, who is a leader at Sassuolo, became his club's biggest legend, works hard and has the talent to back it all up gets called out for choosing loyalty over glory and money? We complain about "modern" footballers being all about money and fame and when the opposite example arises we complain about them too. Berardi clocks in 15 assists per season in Serie A and his passes are finished by Djuricic, Scammaca, Raspadori, Traore, Defrel, etc. him feeding to Chiesa and Valhovic would be something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Cambiaso, Zaniolo, Di Maria and Pogba would be great.

Especially if we only have a 40/45m net spend on all those transfers
And the market hasn't officially started yet. These new directors seem to be much more determined and structured than Paratici.

So far, if we believe rumors

Pogba
Di Maria
Zaniolo
Cambiaso
Gatti
Rovella
Fagioli

are joining. Promising moves so far.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Immobile has definitely been the best striker in Serie A in many of his seasons, as Berardi has been the best winger. Lazio fans won't give a crap about Immobile being poor for Italy while breaking scoring records every other season for them. We can wait years talking about talent while other players perform. Balotelli had more talent than Immobile without a doubt, yet ended up with 1/10th of his career.

Not that I wouldn't be happy to sign Zaniolo, it would be great, massive talent and he does seem to want to work hard for it. He doesn't have the attitude of a lazy player at all, only his knees are a question mark sadly. But a player like Berardi, who is a leader at Sassuolo, became his club's biggest legend, works hard and has the talent to back it all up gets called out for choosing loyalty over glory and money? We complain about "modern" footballers being all about money and fame and when the opposite example arises we complain about them too. Berardi clocks in 15 assists per season in Serie A and his passes are finished by Djuricic, Scammaca, Raspadori, Traore, Defrel, etc. him feeding to Chiesa and Valhovic would be something else.

- - - Updated - - -

And the market hasn't officially started yet. These new directors seem to be much more determined and structured than Paratici.

So far, if we believe rumors

Pogba
Di Maria
Zaniolo
Cambiaso
Gatti
Rovella
Fagioli

are joining. Promising moves so far.
Berardi feeding other teammates would definitely be a different story but its not just because of the level of the players. The team`s system might be crucial for him as well as Sassuolo are an attacking team while Juve was kind of counter attack style which might suit him less.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Why are we splashing our cash on this overrated injury prone winger when there are several other, more important roles that need filling first? We need another WC defender (maybe 2 if De Ligt leaves) - that will already set us back ~50-80m. Then we need 2 wingbacks, ideally another midfielder, Kostic, and a backup CF as well. We cant afford all this. Let's use Di Maria as this years stopgap then think of a WC winger to pair with Chiesa next summer. Save some money instead of wasting it on unnecessary things

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Zaniolo - #Juve : we will work regardless of #Dimaria , as described on Thursday. #Mourinho likes the profile of #Arthur , among others

Pedulla confirms Mourinho interest in Arthur, it's getting interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)