Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I know people say Milan were weak to win Serie A but they did go on very long unbeaten streaks and won all of their must win games when Inter were pressing. We have a lot of improving to do, it's no joke how we finished behind Napoli too.

We need to be able to compensate for when Vlahovic and Chiesa are out or tired. Rabiot/Kean/Morata should go, I'm not having this 70% possession with no shots on goal and dropping points against bottom feeder clubs. Take out the trash, they'll never help us progress. I don't hate Morata but he needs to go because Allegri will play him as LW.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I know people say Milan were weak to win Serie A but they did go on very long unbeaten streaks and won all of their must win games when Inter were pressing. We have a lot of improving to do, it's no joke how we finished behind Napoli too.

We need to be able to compensate for when Vlahovic and Chiesa are out or tired. Rabiot/Kean/Morata should go, I'm not having this 70% possession with no shots on goal and dropping points against bottom feeder clubs. Take out the trash, they'll never help us progress. I don't hate Morata but he needs to go because Allegri will play him as LW.
86 points is a very solid result and that's what matters in the end, it's not a fluke win by any means. Real Madrid won La Liga with exactly the same points tally.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I don't want to see either Locatelli or Pogba as Regista. A proper regista like Jorginho or someone similar - could bring out the best of the Loca and Pogba. Rabiot I want out.

Di Maria, Chiesa and Vlahovic is a decent front line to be honest but Di Maria is only a short term solution so we would need a long term strategy for a replacement. Koulibaly is a great addition if he came. Would like a really dynamic left back . I feel that left flank has always lacked the right thrust - can make a big difference offensively. Spinazzola pre injury would have been perfect.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I can understand not wanting Di Maria because of his age or having other preferences but calling him 'washed up' is just dumb. He's still one of the very best wingers out there.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I can understand not wanting Di Maria because of his age or having other preferences but calling him 'washed up' is just dumb. He's still one of the very best wingers out there.
One of the very best might be a stretch. Hes surely in the top20, but at this point in his career I definitely wouldnt pick him ahead of Neymar, Salah, Mane, Vinicius or Gnabry or Son or our very own Chiesa

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
One of the very best might be a stretch. Hes surely in the top20, but at this point in his career I definitely wouldnt pick him ahead of Neymar, Salah, Mane, Vinicius or Gnabry or Son or our very own Chiesa
that is 7 wingers, my man. He’s definitely top 10 still. That may change going forward. But it hasn’t yet.

I’m happy if we sign him, also happy if we go for someone younger and more long term too. He’s a good option but hopefully not the only one.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Di Maria's only motivation is the world cup which is in about 4 months time. He basically wants to use a competitive club to be fit and ready for the tournament. After that, he probably gives two hoots about his club career in Europe.

There's already reports of him wanting to return to Argentina in a year. He's mentally done as far as I'm concerned.

This does not serve us any purpose at all especially when the player doesn't want to commit or doesn't have the desire or motivation to be a part of this team for more than a year.

I don't mind him as a player but I'd be more than happy to avoid this type of signing.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
That's what I call one of the very best, indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Di Maria's only motivation is the world cup which is in about 4 months time. He basically wants to use a competitive club to be fit and ready for the tournament. After that, he probably gives two hoots about his club career in Europe.

There's already reports of him wanting to return to Argentina in a year. He's mentally done as far as I'm concerned.

This does not serve us any purpose at all especially when the player doesn't want to commit or doesn't have the desire or motivation to be a part of this team for more than a year.

I don't mind him as a player but I'd be more than happy to avoid this type of signing.
It's not because someone wants to return to his fucking home country in a year, that he's mentally done by any means. And it certainly doesn't mean he's not motivated for that exact year anymore. Those are all huge assumptions.

Being happy to avoid this type of signing, is perfectly understandable 'though.

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

A player on the verge of retirement openly saying he wants to play in europe so he is sharp for the World Cup and then go to Argentina. But people are tripping over themselves asking to make him our second highest earner.

Cheaper salary or avoid, he should be an extra if anything, not the focus of this obsession. We'll be stuck in the same treadmill relying on these kind of high salary retirees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)