Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (78 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Yay cool Pogba in two weeks.

What about work on the (minimum) 4-5 players we need to improve this awful squad? Clock is ticking.
Technically the clock hasn't even started ticking since the window isn't open yet. But yeah, any progress made ahead of the window would be great and welcomed.

I hope there are moves being made behind the scenes to usher out players like Rabiot, Ramsey, Arthur, and (dear god plz) Sandro. Clearing those wages and squad spots will be a great place to build from. Also, not losing out on Udogie. Time will tell.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
McKennie should not be for sale if you play 4-3-3 with Pogba at LCM. It should be obvious that Pogba will be looking for a runner every time he's on the ball and we need McKennie there.
We could try that runner with Rovella or Miretti. McKennie has a desire to score goals so he always makes those runs but his finishing/shooting technique is not that good. Also I think he will fetch the most in the transfer market from the current mids. So if possible, I would trade to get a better goal-scoring mid or winger.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We could try that runner with Rovella or Miretti. McKennie has a desire to score goals so he always makes those runs but his finishing/shooting technique is not that good. Also I think he will fetch the most in the transfer market from the current mids. So if possible, I would trade to get a better goal-scoring mid or winger.
I don't think those two are the same profile at all. The closest we have is Locatelli, who has the attacking intelligence and physicality. I think everyone on this forum has to admit, whether they like Wes or not, he is a fucking MAGNET for the ball in the box.

His finishing was shit last season but he gets so many chances that others do not. It's like the same thing with Cuadrado. Well this guy pots 2 out of 15 chances, but the other guy pots 1 out of 3 chances. Who's better? The guy who scored 2.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
With Pogba's complete lack of defensive contribution I don't think we'll have an attacking RCM and instead have one who can protect behind him. Zakaria seems the most likely and hopefully he can develop if he can get a run of games.

Agresti: Mandragora close to Fiorentina.
I think that would be 7 different clubs at 24 years old. He could still come good if he can get some consistency in terms of avoiding injuries and staying at a club for a few seasons.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
That’s the dumbest thing we could do so you know it’s likely

- - - Updated - - -

And his injury history suggests he probably won’t feature much
It's highly unlikely we will keep all of Miretti, Fagioli and him. And out of three I'd rather keep the former two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)