Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (88 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
My theory has always been the uglier the guy, the better the player. Guys that ugly weren’t born to do anything else but kick a ball around.

Look at some of the best players

Messi
Cristiano (before the glow up)
The other Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Kahn
Ribery

I mean it’s just science.
Dont forget how good Tevez was when he played for us - Remember the goal against Parma in the 7-0 win

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
sure, but that’s all he was, a squad player. Chiesa starts for the majority of the clubs in Europe.
That's a pretty ridiculous take even though I'd want Chiesa here.
No he doesn't start for the majority of clubs in Europe. He's not at that level atleast as of now.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
My theory has always been the uglier the guy, the better the player. Guys that ugly weren’t born to do anything else but kick a ball around.

Look at some of the best players

Messi
Cristiano (before the glow up)
The other Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Kahn
Ribery

I mean it’s just science.
None of them are ugly beside Ribery.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
That's a pretty ridiculous take even though I'd want Chiesa here.
No he doesn't start for the majority of clubs in Europe. He's not at that level atleast as of now.
Imagine thinking a guy with his valuation doesn’t start on the majority of the clubs in the world. Now THATS ridiculous.

There are only 7 right wingers with a higher valuation in the world.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Imagine thinking a guy with his valuation doesn’t start on the majority of the clubs in the world.
Pretty poor argument.

A player is worth what a club is willing to pay.

Fucking Nathan Ake was purchased for 40M pounds which is pretty expensive for a CB in covid market. I guess he starts for majority of the clubs too ?

Unless your 'majority of the clubs in Europe' excludes the best teams of major leagues then no, he's not at that level, atleast not yet.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think that was a mistake too. Just because we overpay for Morata doesn't mean we should for others.

Our budget is tight and likely to be for a while. We need to be smarter on how we use it. I'd rather we focussed on LWB which is more of a weakness for us.

I wouldn't mind Chiesa as a decent prospect, at the right price if our squad was fixed in other areas and we played a system suited for him. Paying 60m for a guy who had a fairly underwhelming season last year and shoehorning him into a position he has barely played just seems very risky and a waste of our budget.
TBH I'm not sure we are overpaying for Morata, but it depends how he does. €55m over 5 years and a reasonable contract is not too bad.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
TBH I'm not sure we are overpaying for Morata, but it depends how he does. €55m over 5 years and a reasonable contract is not too bad.
Time will tell. If he performs like his first spell it is a good deal.

But only 15% lower than what Atletico paid for him after two unsuccessful spells in a row seems a bit much. Especially as Atletico overpaid on their deal for him too.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
That's because we have a requirement and our width is pretty average
He wouldn't start for most big teams in Europe however

All you could have said was Chiesa is a much better player than Giaccherini but as usual you had to exaggerate just so you could put your point across
chiesas versatility pretty much assures he would start at most clubs, you’re misguided if you don’t think so. But let’s break it down

Best team in Italy? Yes.

Germany

Bayern is loaded on the wing, but I would take Chiesa over Coman. Chiesa had as many goals/assists last season as Coman did the last two seasons COMBINED, in a superior league.

Dortmund- He would start over Reyna

Spain
Real Madrid- Zidane uses multiple formations but when he goes to a 4-2-3-1 Chiesa would start over Rodrygo or Vinicius imo

Barca- they start griezman and fati on the wings. Chiesa had more goals and double the assists as Griezman, in fewer appearances. And it’s easier to score in La Liga as well

i mean I can keep going but you should get the picture by now.

Chiesa slander will not be tolerated!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
chiesas versatility pretty much assures he would start at most clubs, you’re misguided if you don’t think so. But let’s break it down

Best team in Italy? Yes.

Germany

Bayern is loaded on the wing, but I would take Chiesa over Coman. Chiesa had as many goals/assists last season as Coman did the last two seasons COMBINED, in a superior league.

Dortmund- He would start over Reyna

Spain
Real Madrid- Zidane uses multiple formations but when he goes to a 4-2-3-1 Chiesa would start over Rodrygo or Vinicius imo

Barca- they start griezman and fati on the wings. Chiesa had more goals and double the assists as Griezman, in fewer appearances. And it’s easier to score in La Liga as well

i mean I can keep going but you should get the picture by now.

Chiesa slander will not be tolerated!
Well I`d take Chiesa over Coman as well as we seem to play a formation in which Coman would not be in his best position and Chiesa could be in what I think is his ideal position.
Griezmann - Same as Coman although he could also play as a good support striker but then again we have Dybala..

It all depends on the interpretation of our formation and Chiesa`s role
If we take Chiesa as RW like in a 4-3-3 formation - I`d take Coman or Griezmann over him. I`d also put Kulusevski there before I`d think of Chiesa.
If we take Chiesa as a RM/RWB like in 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 - I`d take Chiesa as the RWB position is very hard to fulfill.. Its not as talent there is too great..
There are few RWB that are great and all of them are in places that are good for them. The only question for this position is Dest but he seems to go to Barcelona and we yet to know how good he is in a tougher league...
Chiesa is also just 22 IIRC so its also a big plus, and... of course there is the thing that he is Italian and while we dont care much an Italian team should have some good Italians in it (Bonucci hasnt been good since 2017 while Chiellini will walk with a stick next season..).

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
That's because we have a requirement and our width is pretty average
He wouldn't start for most big teams in Europe however

All you could have said was Chiesa is a much better player than Giaccherini but as usual you had to exaggerate just so you could put your point across
Most big teams dont play 3-5-2 and in 4-3-3 big teams usually have better wingers. He would start for most sides who play a RWB (of course not Liverpool who have T.A.A, maybe not Inter as I must admit I dont know the Hakimi dude very much..)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Some spanish source (taken from Calciomercato) says Dembele might be open to Man Utd those killing 2 options for D.Costa
1. Barcelona swap
2. Man Utd interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)