Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (97 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Chiesa will be great, although the rumoured price is a problem.

Wasn't big on him before when we played 4-3-3 but he'll be perfect in Cuads position imo. Can't think of a better player to hug the byline and stretch the play, providing a wide threat while opening up space for CR, Dybala and Kulu :tuttosport:

Now if only we could get Gosens on the other side. Or AS rolls back the years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Regista_21

Sep 20, 2020
10 m loan + 40 m option/obligation seems like a very fair proposition, Fiorentina doing Paratici a favor. RWB is the only position at the club with no depth. For every other spot there's solid second choice, but for RWB there's only Cuads... underrated player definitely, but also ageing and not quite world class even at his best.

Who else? Danilo is the most unreliable player in the squad, and De Sciglio is on the way out hopefully. Kulu was tried there against Roma but inverted wingback is a meme role, not even Pep does that. Chiesa is clearly the most logical acquisition - young, determined to play for Juve, perfect for high intensity pressing football.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
We need quality players and not quality organs for the black market.
Why? It's cheaper that way. We need a heart for Rugani, pair of testicles for Berna, and brains for Sarri fans on tuz. I'd say we might get a great deal for the bundle. I propose to buy Evander Holyfield. The Real Deal has the biggest heart of all time, his testicles should be alright (dude has 11 kids), his brains might be a little scrambled because of Tysons and Foremans of the world, but it's still an upgrade on Sarri-brains.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't think you ever saw Giaccherini play, he was absolutely dreadful. Chiesa is 10 times the player he is.

I honestly have to ask, why do people hate Chiesa? Every time I see him play he stands out, is fast, has good dribbling and is a hard worker.

Is it purely because he's Italian?
I don't rate him.

He is of course better than Giacherrini (who I quite liked as a low cost squad filler at the time) but for 40 to 60m he plays too much with his head down and relies on his pace and room to run into (which he is unlikely to get at Juve). His performances over the last year have done little to justify the price.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I don't think you ever saw Giaccherini play, he was absolutely dreadful. Chiesa is 10 times the player he is.

I honestly have to ask, why do people hate Chiesa? Every time I see him play he stands out, is fast, has good dribbling and is a hard worker.

If he wasn't Italian and looked like Dick Dastardly people here would probably be fapping over him

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

nobody has a legitimate reason, that’s the funniest part in all this.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Some don't like Chiesa because he's not very refined or easy on the eye, he's a bit huff and puff, run around harrying kind of player who supporters would associate with someone who has no technique. But that's not true, even if sometimes he plays such a frenetic game that he loses his composure or messes the technique up.

I wouldn't want to spend a tonne of money on him but if Morata is valued at €55m then I don't see how Chiesa isn't getting close to that kind of figure.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
My theory has always been the uglier the guy, the better the player. Guys that ugly weren’t born to do anything else but kick a ball around.

Look at some of the best players

Messi
Cristiano (before the glow up)
The other Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Kahn
Ribery

I mean it’s just science.
Our coach disagrees

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Some don't like Chiesa because he's not very refined or easy on the eye, he's a bit huff and puff, run around harrying kind of player who supporters would associate with someone who has no technique. But that's not true, even if sometimes he plays such a frenetic game that he loses his composure or messes the technique up.

I wouldn't want to spend a tonne of money on him but if Morata is valued at €55m then I don't see how Chiesa isn't getting close to that kind of figure.
I think that was a mistake too. Just because we overpay for Morata doesn't mean we should for others.

Our budget is tight and likely to be for a while. We need to be smarter on how we use it. I'd rather we focussed on LWB which is more of a weakness for us.

I wouldn't mind Chiesa as a decent prospect, at the right price if our squad was fixed in other areas and we played a system suited for him. Paying 60m for a guy who had a fairly underwhelming season last year and shoehorning him into a position he has barely played just seems very risky and a waste of our budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)