Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (55 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Cuadrado and Sandro are good first choice wingbacks. So basically we are after depth signings. I am not sure Chiesa would be a depth signing though given the fee. I don't see him as shoe in starter either. Perhaps he also doubles as the 4th choice center forward as well?

I just wish Costa was not so injury prone. Otherwise keeping him would be a no brainier.

I would be tempted to go for an inexpensive and versatile wing back squad player who is reliable without necessarily setting the world on fire. I am not sure about Alonso as to be fair I have not really seen him much.

Getting Kean back would also be good. He is also home grown which is an added bonus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Cuadrado and Sandro are good first choice wingbacks. So basically we are after depth signings. I am not sure Chiesa would be a depth signing though given the fee. I don't see him as shoe in starter either. Perhaps he also doubles as the 4th choice center forward as well?

I just wish Costa was not so injury prone. Otherwise keeping him would be a no brainier.

I would be tempted to go for an inexpensive and versatile wing back squad player who is reliable without necessarily setting the world on fire. I am not sure about Alonso as to be fair I have not really seen him much.

Getting Kean back would also be good. He is also home grown which is an added bonus.
Cuads is going on 33 years old time for some younger fresh blood like chiesa in there now and let cuads be the rotation guy.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
We have also Berna for wingbacks role. So if Chiesa comes we have quality and depth in wingbacks position with Sandro, Chiesa, Cuad, Berna, Frabotta
I feel this is what pirlo actually has planned for him which would explain why Pellegrini was sent out on loan ahead of MDS who offers something different tactically. I can’t see how else Berna could be integrated into this team and system beyond a WB role as he offers absolutely zilch as a FWD.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
not to mention Cuadrado is getting older, not as fast as he used to be, and only has one year left on his contract after this one. Chiesa is gonna be a terror on that right flank if he arrives and hasn’t even hit his prime yet. Imagine him and Kulu on one side maaaaan

- - - Updated - - -

I feel this is what pirlo actually has planned for him which would explain why Pellegrini was sent out on loan ahead of MDS who offers something different tactically. I can’t see how else Berna could be integrated into this team and system beyond a WB role as he offers absolutely zilch as a FWD.
I don’t think MDS is part of Pirlos plans either, or else he would’ve played vs Roma when the game was screaming for defensive cover on the flank.

As for Berna, I’m intrigued by the potential wingback switch. He won’t have to really make decisions in the final third, which seems to be his kryptonite. He can just focus on running, short passes, and crossing.

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
not to mention Cuadrado is getting older, not as fast as he used to be, and only has one year left on his contract after this one. Chiesa is gonna be a terror on that right flank if he arrives and hasn’t even hit his prime yet. Imagine him and Kulu on one side maaaaan

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think MDS is part of Pirlos plans either, or else he would’ve played vs Roma when the game was screaming for defensive cover on the flank.

As for Berna, I’m intrigued by the potential wingback switch. He won’t have to really make decisions in the final third, which seems to be his kryptonite. He can just focus on running, short passes, and crossing.
Tek
Cauds-Demiral-De Ligt-Alex Sandro
Bentan-Arthur
Chiesa-Dybala-Kulu
Ronaldo

do itttt

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's still at Juve and I don't see Vialli and Del Piero here yet.
Ignore the replacement. You don't think its credible news he might be getting new promotion or seat in family business? Would that mean leaving Juve or can he stay and still do this supposed new role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)