Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
With kinda weird formation we play, we definitely need even two fullbacks, and then replace the players we sell.

This is one of the weirdest mercatos so far, as we don't know for sure who we follow and want to sign and we play weird formations where fullbacks are defenders and wingbacks at the same time so it's kinda hard to find right players.
Pirlo is using the age old eyetalian system. RB-RCB, adventurous LB, RM/ala tornante, mediano on left (McKennie) with a more skilled CM next to him and an AM or mezzala. Classic Italian and clearly defined roles.

He's attempting an Italian system with Dutch passing and German pressing. I like it. Just needs to figure out the right positional balance with CMs and best players for each role.

Unfortunately we need three good players to complete the team - LB, Aouar, RM (Chiesa) - but can only get one. Two if we're lucky and can sell three players.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We really need a proper wing back for this formation. Much more than another cm IMO
Cuadrado is a proper WB and A.Sandro will return soon while Fabrotta is actually doing well. We just need to play better than we had against Roma.
CM - It depends who you want to replace - Ramsey?! Some say he will be replaced by Dybala while some say Dybala is actually our starting forward with Ronaldo and Morata is actually a bench player.
Rabiot Mcdonalds Bentancur Arthur - Tough to say there
The American is good defensively but is prone to mistakes from what I have seen
Rabiot - On and Off.. You could never know if he performs or not
Bentancur - Im surprise to see him on the bench as he was our best CM last season. Maybe its a formation thing and maybe its Pirlo`s evaluation..
Arthur - For now he is quality unknown.

None of these players is a monster and I think we need one monster in midfield in order to take a leap forward.

Gosens - Yeah nice depth but still same 11 (A.Sandro Gosens whoever starts wont change much between them)
Chiesa - He can do Cuad job differently - He would be an added value but not as someone in the central area.

The question is about Kulusevski - If we believe in him and want him to start he should play Ramsey`s role as its a crime playing him so far from goal - in this case we are left with two players in the CM position - Right now I cant really call any of them the stand out player (maybe Arthur will be but its unknown).
This is why I think these 2 positions are crucial.
We can go on the offensive and we can go for the defensive.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
There are plenty of options for RM. Problem is none of them are perfect.

Cuadra, Kulu, Wes, Berna.

Cuadra is very inconsistent and dependent on form. He'll be amazing for 2-3 months and like he's now rest of the time. Maybe Kulu or Wes can be the solution.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Man, this transfer mercato does not excite me as much as it used to. Even journalists don't have a sweet imagination, kinda same as our management. I wish we make some killer move out of nowhere and not wake up seeing mercato chiuso in the morning.

AlexDP705

Jul 10, 2018
Apparently Alaba might play out his contract and leave on a free next summer :hihi:gonna demand crazy wages however judging by what he's asked from Bayern recently, but that is our speciality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)