Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (70 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Chiesa is just another Bernardeschi type. If he can be had for cheap then good. but his current price tag is ridiculous.
Have you heard Berna sing?

Spends so much time on music but sounds like the first week of american idol.

Avoid rockstar or rapper wannabe players.

Spending 50m on Chiesa in this market or thinking he'd lead the line for Juve are funny thoughts, but Chiesa has good head on his shoulders and supporting cast.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
we released higuain, and you know exactly how much it cost the club.

i repeat, if chiesa is doable on the expense of a squad player like costa or berna, let alone mds or rugani, it's a huge yes. but i wouldn't sacrifice a starter for him.
I also wouldn’t sacrifice a starter for him, just think that there are more ways possible to sign a player with similar deals like McKennie or Morata.

Id understand if we sacrificed Costa, the others are not for sale indeed. Still have a fantasy that we keep Costa and buy Chiesa. Release Khedira, loan/sell or whatever De Sciglio to compensate Chiesa’s wages. Sounds to good to be true, I know.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I also wouldn’t sacrifice a starter for him, just think that there are more ways possible to sign a player with similar deals like McKennie or Morata.

Id understand if we sacrificed Costa, the others are not for sale indeed. Still have a fantasy that we keep Costa and buy Chiesa. Release Khedira, loan/sell or whatever De Sciglio to compensate Chiesa’s wages. Sounds to good to be true, I know.
If we sell DC, then I bet on Chiesa's arrival tbh. We need Cuadrado's replacement and Chiesa could play in more advanced positions too.

Versatile player with bug engine. Not really a replacement for Kulu and Dybala, he's not that talented IMO. Still, a perfect young Cuadrado-copy for me.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It's too late to move for Dest now with Bayern and Barca both already bid for him. Word have Barca already have him.
Also I don't see a RWB a priority for this window with Cuadrado capable on that position, and we have cover in Danilo as opposed to the left side with Sandro our only option there.
Not going to consider MDS

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
Well why cant we compete with Barca and Bayern?! 25M is not that much and its not as its Ronaldo`s wages.. I want us to bid that needed sum and then let him choose (like with MDL and maybe even let MDL give him a phone call or something)
Cuadrado is definitely not our weakest link and we do have Danilo as backup but Cuadrado isnt really young and signing Dest would be great as we can integrate him slowly, meanwhile Cuadrado will be weaker since his age (and he is a player of speed and fitness so I do expect it to hurt him eventually) and lets face it no one here wanted Danilo and its not that we have him because we are happy with him..

LWB - We loaned Pellegrini which means we have A.Sandro Fabrotta and MDS (who can play in this position as well as RWB) - It is true we have a meh backup in case of A.Sandro being injured but it is also true in case Cuadrado gets injured...

Jun 16, 2020
If we sell DC, then I bet on Chiesa's arrival tbh. We need Cuadrado's replacement and Chiesa could play in more advanced positions too.

Versatile player with bug engine. Not really a replacement for Kulu and Dybala, he's not that talented IMO. Still, a perfect young Cuadrado-copy for me.
Yeah it seems very likely that we buy Chiesa if we sell Costa.

But we are hoping for the exact same thing; using Chiesa as a RWB, not as a Ronaldo or Dybala backup. Not in this formation at least.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah it seems very likely that we buy Chiesa if we sell Costa.

But we are hoping for the exact same thing; using Chiesa as a RWB, not as a Ronaldo or Dybala backup. Not in this formation at least.
Well, I said he could play in more advanced positions if needed, for example a cutting in winger from the left, something that Ramsey did at times vs Samp.

Overall I see him as a wingback, because he excels playing close to the line and he needs space to operate, preferably attacking from deeper positions. Cuadrado in a nutshell.
Or even a comparison to Berna, who is not a fantasista (like Dybala) but just a winger/wingback with proper engine to do the running and some simple stuff while in attacking phase.

LWB: Berna/AS/Frabotta
RWB: Cuadrado/Chiesa/Mckennie

I assume we'll sell MDS eventually.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Has Pogba signed a new contract yet..
No, this is why I constantly mentioning him for next summer. I think it will happen unless Real enters the race and then he might decide either way. I really dont think he is going to sign a new contract. He will do to them what he has done before and walk out on a free transfer.
Edit - I just realized that Man Utd might have an option to extend for one more year so if not 2021 then 2022...

Last edited:

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Well why cant we compete with Barca and Bayern?! 25M is not that much and its not as its Ronaldo`s wages.. I want us to bid that needed sum and then let him choose (like with MDL and maybe even let MDL give him a phone call or something)
Cuadrado is definitely not our weakest link and we do have Danilo as backup but Cuadrado isnt really young and signing Dest would be great as we can integrate him slowly, meanwhile Cuadrado will be weaker since his age (and he is a player of speed and fitness so I do expect it to hurt him eventually) and lets face it no one here wanted Danilo and its not that we have him because we are happy with him..

LWB - We loaned Pellegrini which means we have A.Sandro Fabrotta and MDS (who can play in this position as well as RWB) - It is true we have a meh backup in case of A.Sandro being injured but it is also true in case Cuadrado gets injured...
We can compete but we will not cause he is not a priority oppose to other positions. Also this covid has hit our finance as Agnelli mentioned so I'm sure we are looking at good deals on financial terms like loans, options or big installments. Also I don't think Paratici fancy Dest infact Ajax fans are also perplexed on the interest Bayern and Barca have on this kid. I haven't seen any tier 1 linking us to Dest. It's not going to happen this window I'm sure.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I dont think he is braindead like Berna. He can be overhyped yes, but the guy is very intelligent and has engine. Not a world beater but a quality player i would not deny.
I like him, but he is overpriced. But what I mean is Bernardeschi looked amazing before coming here too and the opinion on him has since soured. I still hope he turns things around for the better though. Not to bust a Cronios but I don't remember the last Italian that came to Juve and had an amazing impact in this winning cycle that we actually paid money for. Pirlo came on a free and Barza/Bonucci came before the winning started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)