Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
not biggest fan of chiesa but he fits that cuadrado role perfectly. if cuadrado is injured we dont really have a similar player in that position

I was not thinking about Chiesa this way to be honest... so if he can play as a cuadrado role, then is really a good option to bring here and we should punce.

Why?, because Cuadrado plays a very demanding role, has no rotation option and we dont know when his next injury could be. Cuads get injured and we lose a lot from that side.

If Tici/Cheru move their cards right.... we can fix our wingback problems right away:
LB: Sandro, Gozens Fabrotta....Berna
RB: Cuadrado, Chiesa....Berna

We do this and we can say our team is complete.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
My favorite take on Chiesa is well Bernardeschi didn’t work out so Chiesa won’t either. Mongoloid logic.

Chiesa would be an amazing addition. How can a player be “overrated” when essentially everyone agrees he’s overvalued? Everyone knows he’s not worth 70m. That doesn’t mean he’s not a good player. Can play on either flank or up front, has an endless engine, wears down defenses, creates for others, can bang 10+ goals himself, defends, is just 22, almost never injured, and comes from great bloodlines. We’d be lucky to have him.
imagine we didn't sign dybala from palermo cuz amauri didn't work out

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im ok with Chiesa, but 40-50 mil is nuts
I think its fair for him. he is quality. More than that would be nuts.

Give them costa for all i care.

Gozens and Chiesa could be hefty investments, but look at our team right now... if we manage to get those 2...we can potentially be set for like 3 mercatos without major buys, because we will have some young players peaking already in a stacked team.

That way we can only do the needed signings every mercato and focus on replacing ronaldo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No one expects Chiesa to a decisive star player, but he would be an upgrade for this squad, even more so with Pirlo's fluid wing play of the 3-5-2/3-4-3, Chiesa can fill in like everywhere in that set up. And if Pirlo really wants high intensity mobile aggressively direct game, Chiesa is tailor made for that, he is prety much a nonstop direct attacking engine that lives to press and run nonstop, beats his man easily, exploits space. His weakness is his finishing basically (rocket of a shot, but less of a composure finishing), but he loves to stay glued wide, which will be necessary in Cuadrado role.

If we can sucker Wolverhampton to get us a good sum for Costa, we add 10m/ at most 15m on top of that we get a 22 year old who will be a really good player consistently. Not necessarily a top top player, but really excellent option at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

pls. pls get adama traore. just want to watch him wreck inter lmao

Traore would be lovely, but wolves, and EPL side, wont sell for anything less then 60-80m. Especially when they sold Jota already.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If you could choose between Gosens and Chiesa who would you get?
Difficult question because to be fair we need both. Sandro and Cuadrado have no back ups, just like last year. And both of them are already old guard in our team.
fabrotta is a welcomed surprise but i would not risk it with him right away. Gozens and Chiesa both have plent of experience already.

Its imperative we get both replacements to give Sandro and Cuadrado a break, for them to not get burned half season and to give them some competition.

May 26, 2016
I think its fair for him. he is quality. More than that would be nuts.

Give them costa for all i care.

Gozens and Chiesa could be hefty investments, but look at our team right now... if we manage to get those 2...we can potentially be set for like 3 mercatos without major buys, because we will have some young players peaking already in a stacked team.

That way we can only do the needed signings every mercato and focus on replacing ronaldo.

Highly disagree on that. We still need a worldclass CM and DM. Our midfield is far behind elite level imo and has been a problem for ages. On top of that We dont know how long Ronaldo will last. Yes he is a freak of nature , but even him might start to decline.

Aug 26, 2014
My favorite take on Chiesa is well Bernardeschi didn’t work out so Chiesa won’t either. Mongoloid logic.

Chiesa would be an amazing addition. How can a player be “overrated” when essentially everyone agrees he’s overvalued? Everyone knows he’s not worth 70m. That doesn’t mean he’s not a good player. Can play on either flank or up front, has an endless engine, wears down defenses, creates for others, can bang 10+ goals himself, defends, is just 22, almost never injured, and comes from great bloodlines. We’d be lucky to have him.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Highly disagree on that. We still need a worldclass CM and DM. Our midfield is nowhere near elite level imo and has been a problem for ages. On top of that We dont know how long Ronaldo will last. Yes he is a freak of nature , but even him might start to recline

To me Its clear we are not going to spend big on midfielders right now. Why? because it seems Pirlo have some other ideas...but most importantly, because we have already done important investments there in ramsey, rabiot mackennie and arthur. All of them in a good age, so Pirlo will have to work with what he has.

Also remember Kulusevski and Berna can also play in there, so with the covid problem , i dont think juve will overspend more in mdifield while needing to fix other areas which are delicate right now.

In the end, we dont need specifically top of the line mids, all what we need is reliable physical and technical mids who get the job done and sacrifice for our main assets which are our attackers. And in Rabiot, mackennie, betan, ramsey, arthur, i think pirlo has something to work with. No excuses.

See, last year ronaldo and dybala got great numbers and our midfield was not as strong as it is right now, on top of that we played the whole season without a 9 pracitlly. If Pirlo gets the job done in midfield, naturally our attacking numbers will increase and that is all we need.

May 26, 2016
To me Its clear we are not going to spend big on midfielders right now. Why? because it seems Pirlo have some other ideas...but most importantly, because we have already done important investments there in ramsey, rabiot mackennie and arthur. All of them in a good age, so Pirlo will have to work with what he has.

Also remember Kulusevski and Berna can also play in there, so with the covid problem , i dont think juve will overspend more in mdifield while needing to fix other areas which are delicate right now.

In the end, we dont need specifically top of the line mids, all what we need is reliable physical and technical mids who get the job done and sacrifice for our main assets which are our attackers. And in Rabiot, mackennie, betan, ramsey, arthur, i think pirlo has something to work with. No excuses.

See, last year ronaldo and dybala got great numbers and our midfield was not as strong as it is right now, on top of that we played the whole season without a 9 pracitlly. If Pirlo gets the job done in midfield, naturally our attacking numbers will increase and that is all we need.
admirable optimistic post. I really hope you are right but have my doubts. Still i agree that its not terrible and much better than last year. A lot of it will rely on Arthur and Rabiot and how they perform.

My biggest concern is the DM role that Benta or Mckennie is going to hold (my guess at least). This role is of utter importance to any winning team in Europe and i see none of them ready to take on that big of a task. If you are talking about winning Serie A , thats a complete different story and im still expecting us to win it with ease, even tho Inter is trying to sign every washed up player possible to regain some dignity. Roma, Napoli and Milan im not even worried about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)