Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regista_21

Sep 20, 2020
Chiesa is nowhere to be a 50 m player though.
Berna went for 40 m :boh:

I saw someone here on Tuz suggest that we could play Bernardeschi as LWB and Chiesa on the opposite flank, and the more I think about it the more I like it. It's the last chance to get any value out of Berna other than selling him for 20 mil or something. He's very athletic and decent dribbler, those are the most important attributes in the position. Although we've seen Frabotta dropping back to LB in 4-4-2 defensive shape against Sampdoria, Berna would be a liability there.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
My favorite take on Chiesa is well Bernardeschi didn’t work out so Chiesa won’t either. Mongoloid logic.

Chiesa would be an amazing addition. How can a player be “overrated” when essentially everyone agrees he’s overvalued? Everyone knows he’s not worth 70m. That doesn’t mean he’s not a good player. Can play on either flank or up front, has an endless engine, wears down defenses, creates for others, can bang 10+ goals himself, defends, is just 22, almost never injured, and comes from great bloodlines. We’d be lucky to have him.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I've no doubt we opened a dialogue for Chiesa, that the links are real, but I also have little doubt it's to be at an advantageous position next summer when there'll be market opportunity with his contract running out.

We play with a RM and LB. If he arrives, he'll play RM. Right now, we have Cuadra, Kulu, Wes, Berna for that role. It's true two of them will also play other roles.

How many players do we have now in the squad? Not too long ago it was 27.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
My favorite take on Chiesa is well Bernardeschi didn’t work out so Chiesa won’t either. Mongoloid logic.

Chiesa would be an amazing addition. How can a player be “overrated” when essentially everyone agrees he’s overvalued? Everyone knows he’s not worth 70m. That doesn’t mean he’s not a good player. Can play on either flank or up front, has an endless engine, wears down defenses, creates for others, can bang 10+ goals himself, defends, is just 22, almost never injured, and comes from great bloodlines. We’d be lucky to have him.
no one against him here, the question is for how much
Kulu went for 35 I think, he is two years younger and arguably Chiesa never had a season like that. Don’t know about Dejans bloodline though.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
no one against him here, the question is for how much
Kulu went for 35 I think, he is two years younger and arguably Chiesa never had a season like that. Don’t know about Dejans bloodline though.
Kulusevski would’ve cost a lot more had he been sold this summer as this was his first real season. That was just great timing.

For me, Chiesa is worth around 40m, but if Fiorentina insisted on 50, I’m not sure I wouldn’t pay it. Nothing more though.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Romano said in a podcast released today, that Aouar is not among our summer transfer targets (high transfer fee etc).

Chiesa is still 23y and fit in 433 and 352, but not sure I'd pay for him 50M...and also worried about his playing time this year.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Romano said in a podcast released today, that Aouar is not among our summer transfer targets (high transfer fee etc).

Chiesa is still 23y and fit in 433 and 352, but not sure I'd pay for him 50M...and also worried about his playing time this year.
If Chiesa comes he would start over Cuadrado eventually. And with how demanding that position seems to be physically in Pirlos system, there will be plenty of playing time even if he doesn’t. And he can play on the left as well as up front. Playing time should not be an issue with him.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We paid Higuain 2 years of salary to leave, so that we can upgrade.
Dzeko was our primary target, but to secure smth relevant we bribed Perugia's University to give Suarez the Italian citizenship. Because we could not sign him after getting MacKennie.
Our transfer policy is extremely erratic.
To make thing worse we claimed Giroud was our 3rd choice and to escape humiliation he rejected us. And then push forward to attract Cavani, but offering half the salary he demanded...
After everything else has failed, we agreed with Atletico to let them sign Suarez and throw us the left over named Moratta. A forward completely unable to finish chances, proved time and time again, even at the easiest possible league of Spain...
We are so pathetic, our entire mngnt should quit!
Kyle in two years

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
The hype on Chiesa is the same as Berna before we sign him. Let's skip Chiesa unless we can insert Berna in the deal. So far I only see Chiesa has good cross in him otherwise nothing else. Not worth 50 mil price tag

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)