Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yap but he is said to be very close to Man Utd and the only place that mentioned it was a site writing about Calciomercato while I visited Calciomercato and didnt really find anything. Even if it is there somewhere - I am having a tough time to believe it when only Calciomercato reports it and when we had these links with Gosens.
Im not saying we will sign him. I dont know if rumour is legit. But that the Non EU thing won't be an issue with him.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
This whole thing is strange dzeko sat on the bench Saturday when they needed a goal it seemed like it was a done deal yet 2 days later we have apparently got a deal for morata sorted. I know the whole roma milik situation got complicated but still its a quick turnaround something smells off

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If we are going to play 4-3-3 as some reports are saying, I don’t get why we are going for Morata. He is not a good fit as a CF in 4-3-3. If we play 2 strikers like yesterday, he would be a good rotation option though - not starter material.
But if we are willing to spend 10m on a loan, surely there must be better out there?
If we are looking for a rotating option for Dybala, Ronaldo and Kulusevski, why not take a chance on a somewhat unknown talent - our scouts most have some on their radar.
If we are looking for a starter in a 4-3-3, then I definitely still prefer Dzeko to Morata, but 10m now and potentially 45m next year might even get us Zapata from Atalanta.
So many questions
That's not how it works though.
If we outright bought dzeko we would pay 23 million / year.
Getting morata on loan at 10 million with his reported 5.2 salary means that his cost would be 19,5 million/year.
Still less than dzeko who we would be stuck with for at least another year without no resale value.

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
That's not how it works though.
If we outright bought dzeko we would pay 23 million / year.
Getting morata on loan at 10 million with his reported 5.2 salary means that his cost would be 19,5 million/year.
Still less than dzeko who we would be stuck with for at least another year without no resale value.
That’s not what I am saying. But if we can pay 19 or 23 per year, we should be able to do better than both Dzeko or Morata, regardless if we are looking for rotation option or starter material. I know time is not on our side, but that is simply due to poor planning.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
That’s not what I am saying. But if we can pay 19 or 23 per year, we should be able to do better than both Dzeko or Morata, regardless if we are looking for rotation option or starter material. I know time is not on our side, but that is simply due to poor planning.
Name a player that would come for less.
I mean we can get some scrub, like pandev, for sure, but same quality as them for less?

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
Name a player that would come for less.
I mean we can get some scrub, like pandev, for sure, but same quality as them for less?
Ask our scouting department and management - That’s their job, they get paid, not me. I’m simply highlighting that there seems to be no plan, but rather short term thinking and panic decisions regarding the CF position. Unless we have lined up Haaland or Mbappé in one or two years, we should be able to get a much better striker for 19m year - spread across 3-5 years eg. and if we are only looking for a rotation option in attack, 19m is a lot of sunk costs

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
This whole thing is strange dzeko sat on the bench Saturday when they needed a goal it seemed like it was a done deal yet 2 days later we have apparently got a deal for morata sorted. I know the whole roma milik situation got complicated but still its a quick turnaround something smells off
Tici found his balls

- - - Updated - - -

Ask our scouting department and management - That’s their job, they get paid, not me. I’m simply highlighting that there seems to be no plan, but rather short term thinking and panic decisions regarding the CF position. Unless we have lined up Haaland or Mbappé in one or two years, we should be able to get a much better striker for 19m year - spread across 3-5 years eg. and if we are only looking for a rotation option in attack, 19m is a lot of sunk costs
”oh well uh that’s not my job.“ so what is your job? whining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)