Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (122 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Thats if indeed its going to be minimal. We dont know that yet
One thing is for sure and that’s that we didn’t paid 55m for him at this point, so there’s no need to act like we’ve done that already.

He failed miserably everywhere he went after Juventus. It’s very clear that he’s not capable of leading our attack or being a goal scoring machine. Positive thing is that he doesn’t have to be that guy for us with Dybala, Kulu and Ronaldo.

Besides the financial and age arguments (7 years younger than Dzeko, and if he stays 1 year he costs a lot less), he could be interesting from a tactical point of view.

I think with his work rate, pace, dribbling and stamina he could have important moments in our attack. We didn’t really used a target man as we were finding Ramsey between the lines and he made nice passes to our attackers who went deep. Morata is capable of making those runs. Could also come provide something with his height when a cross arrives. We’ve been using very direct attacks against Sampdoria.

I understand the criticism as he’s definitely a mental midget who needs to be cuddled by Pirlo on a daily basis, but I think a one or two year loan isn’t that bad at all in strange times like this summer. Who did you expect at this point?

May 26, 2016
One thing is for sure and that’s that we didn’t paid 55m for him at this point, so there’s no need to act like we’ve done that already.

He failed miserably everywhere he went after Juventus. It’s very clear that he’s not capable of leading our attack or being a goal scoring machine. Positive thing is that he doesn’t have to be that guy for us with Dybala, Kulu and Ronaldo.

Besides the financial and age arguments (7 years younger than Dzeko, and if he stays 1 year he costs a lot less), he could be interesting from a tactical point of view.

I think with his work rate, pace, dribbling and stamina he could have important moments in our attack. We didn’t really used a target man as we were finding Ramsey between the lines and he made nice passes to our attackers who went deep. Morata is capable of making those runs. Could also come provide something with his height when a cross arrives. We’ve been using very direct attacks against Sampdoria.

I understand the criticism as he’s definitely a mental midget who needs to be cuddled by Pirlo on a daily basis, but I think a one or two year loan isn’t that bad at all in strange times like this summer. Who did you expect at this point?
I was set on Dzeko after all the talk. He would fit our attack much better imo. Even if he is an old dinosaur.

And yes i dont rate Morata at all anymore. Wether this is my bias or the fact that he has flopped at his clubs after Juve is another thing.He is not a prospect longer and should ideally have developed into a well established WC player. That didnt happen and now we are taking a risk on him. Fair enough, we have to take chances and i know we are in a difficult period, but bringing Morata back and expecting exactly the same results this time around is a bit too optimistic for my liking.

That being said, Im more than open to be positively surprised by him and see a changed man this time around. Hopefully im dead wrong and he becomes a great success. The tactical flexibility and usage of him that you mentioned is a fair point.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
So you think we'll have Dybala(who is best at CAM), Kulu, Ramsey and Aouar competing for one spot? Not realistic.
You replied to me hoping (prolly naively at this stage) we sell Ramsey so that we can sign Aouar. Not sure where you got them competing with each other.

Yeah, that's completely unrealistic in terms of team building and finances.

Dybala is best as SS and I believe that's where he'll play (Kulu's position last game). You can't expect him to be LM defensively like Ramsey.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with the Morata tawk?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
imo we need a darker skinned striker like zapata, or even olive skinned like ronaldo to offeset kulu's whiteness. like looking at kulu is like browsing tuz in light mode, and we need a darker skinned dude to switch to tuz dark mode to be easy on the eyes

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
You replied to me hoping (prolly naively at this stage) we sell Ramsey so that we can sign Aouar. Not sure where you got them competing with each other.

Yeah, that's completely unrealistic in terms of team building and finances.

Dybala is best as SS and I believe that's where he'll play (Kulu's position last game). You can't expect him to be LM defensively like Ramsey.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with the Morata tawk?
Dybala is good at SS if we have a striker next to him. With Cristiano that is not an option as none of those guys likes to play inside the penalty box

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Dybala scored in basically every single match he played as a #9. If another "typical 9" did that, we would be fapping to sign him, like Icardi or something.

The most consistent thing in Dybala's career is that if he receives the ball in the box, on the ground, he shoots it in the net.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dybala scored in basically every single match he played as a #9. If another "typical 9" did that, we would be fapping to sign him, like Icardi or something.

The most consistent thing in Dybala's career is that if he receives the ball in the box, on the ground, he shoots it in the net.
I needs to be seen. but the coaches doesnt see him as a 9 and thats how it is.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Dybala is good at SS if we have a striker next to him. With Cristiano that is not an option as none of those guys likes to play inside the penalty box
They did fine end of last season. People with recency bias even thought Dybala was the MVP of the season.

Ronaldo did fine with Kulu last game. Just don't give Ronaldo a static CF role. And he needs a partner to move into and out of space, doesn't necessarily have to be a lumbering 9.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Look, if Pirlo and Ramsey and Kulu are going to supply 5 or 6 clear chances a match for whoever is playing #9, then you want fucking Ronaldo as the #9. Or Dybala.

Not Morata or Dzeko.

So if this formation can keep pumping out these chances, then Ronaldo should be the 9. The argument is always that he cannot get great chances in the centre, so he benefits by playing on the wing. But if Pirlo's team creates so many chances, then put Ronaldo in the fucking centre.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Look, if Pirlo and Ramsey and Kulu are going to supply 5 or 6 clear chances a match for whoever is playing #9, then you want fucking Ronaldo as the #9. Or Dybala.

Not Morata or Dzeko.

So if this formation can keep pumping out these chances, then Ronaldo should be the 9. The argument is always that he cannot get great chances in the centre, so he benefits by playing on the wing. But if Pirlo's team creates so many chances, then put Ronaldo in the fucking centre.
You need someone on the bench anyway. That's the way I see it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Not Morata or Dzeko.

Or maybe you calm down a little.

Lets see what Pirlo does.

I dont think Ronaldo likes to play as 9, or maybe he cant for whatever reason. The fact is that very rarely you see him there and for sure it is because he talks with the coaches about his dislike for the role.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I just have this weird feeling that we're not done with the transfers out and that a surprise selling will happen. Wouldn't be surprised if we sold Bentancur or even Arthur this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)