Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Not sure how important this striker is to pirlos tactics but last season this very much wasn't the issue for us in the CL. It was all midfield issues...the question whether arthur and McKennie are going to improve us in this area. Rabiot and bentancur at their best are good enough, we know that much.

No faith in pellegrini? Would have rhought after last season sandro needs more rest over the season. Gosens coming in wouldnt be bad but again not exactly a necessity in comparison to finalising the midfield. In fact caudrado is the wing bac that needs more cover. Can gosens play on that right side?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Obviously we aren’t winning the CL next year or the year after that, so just bring back Kean and forget about Suarez and Dzeko. It’s going to be a rebuilding year anyway so why waste time with stop-gap players.
No, it's not a rebuilding year. We still have the best squad in Seria A. We are expected to win it again. You rebuild after you fail usually.
With Chiello and demiral coming back and adding kulu Arthur and Mckinney we have a better squad than last year so failing to win Seria A is not an option.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Rebuilding in our case is relevant to our midfield only and it needed it. 10th scudetto is a must and still achievable...with suarez/dzeko or without for that matter.

The squad is better right now than it was last season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
is it better?

no striker to replace higgy yet. replaced a solid mid in matuidi with two unknowons in arthur and mckennie.

demiral injury effects still unknown. khedira still injured. dybala still injured

ronaldo is older. chiellini is older. bonucci is older. cuadrado is older.

squad is worse than last year if you ask me. i hope you guys are right and i am wrong.

May 25, 2019
is it better?

no striker to replace higgy yet. replaced a solid mid in matuidi with two unknowons in arthur and mckennie.

demiral injury effects still unknown. khedira still injured. dybala still injured

ronaldo is older. chiellini is older. bonucci is older. cuadrado is older.

squad is worse than last year if you ask me. i hope you guys are right and i am wrong.
IMO we have to wait to see what the new blood brings to the table as well as Pirlo. That said we still need help up front especially with Dybala still sidelined.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
IMO we have to wait to see what the new blood brings to the table as well as Pirlo. That said we still need help up front especially with Dybala still sidelined.
yes, i am big fan of refreshing squads every 2-4 years. you need hungry players that want to prove themselves. we got 3 players in so far this season. one more and we should be good for hungry new blood.

we also need players like bonucci to pull their weight around. show some leadership on the pitch.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
What if Frabotta outplayed Pellegrini in training, or at least showed he’s on a similar level, making Pellegrini expendable? That’s the only other explanation that makes sense outside of another FB arrival, like Gosens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)