Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
so wait a moment... did it somehow turn out that Suarez's arrival and passing of the exam in Perugia today was nothing more but a smokescreen for announcing Dzeko the same night?

What kind of sorcery is this!? o_O :lol:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Milik, other than his reccuring injuries, is quite a decent player imo.

- - - Updated - - -

And stop referring to Dzeko as if he is still in his prime, because he is not anymore, overall i'd obviously rate Dzeko as the better between the two based on their careers and output but not right now, and even resale value aside, he is simply long past his best years. This days he is a Llorente with a stronger shot and better ball control.
He had 33 goal contributions last year. How many did Milik have?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He had 33 goal contributions last year. How many did Milik have?
After reading some of the reactions to Dzeko online, I gotta think he’s one of the most underrated players of all time. No respect. He’s far from washed, and no one has any evidence to the contrary besides mentioning his age. But a guy with his profile (physically dominant, not reliant on athleticism) should age well. Just look at Ibra. Mans pushing 40 and still productive. Dzeko should remain productive for at least two more seasons. No reason to think otherwise.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
After reading some of the reactions to Dzeko online, I gotta think he’s one of the most underrated players of all time. No respect. He’s far from washed, and no one has any evidence to the contrary besides mentioning his age. But a guy with his profile (physically dominant, not reliant on athleticism) should age well. Just look at Ibra. Mans pushing 40 and still productive.
His playmaking abilities are really good- Just to give you a comparison, Milik has 5 assists in all competitions since he arrived in Italy 4 years ago. During the same time, Dzeko has had 46 assists (32 in the league alone).

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
You seriously think i am gonna stand up for Milik? lol i couldn't give less of a shit about him, but nice cherry picking btw, see you getting good at it this days
yeah how dare he “cherry pick“ the goal contributions of a #9!

- - - Updated - - -

His playmaking abilities are really good- Just to give you a comparison, Milik has 5 assists in all competitions since he arrived in Italy 4 years ago. During the same time, Dzeko has had 46 assists (32 in the league alone).
He’s also got better durablility than the guy nearly ten years younger than him.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
You could have followed up on my posts and see right away that i said i rate Dzeko over him and the only upside to Milik would've been some resale value... what i dislike about the Dzeko idea is the lack of pace and and the fact he might just aswell turn up here just for a last fat paycheck and whether it's him, Milik or even Suarez it's just as scary of a thought thinking one of them is supposed to lead the line and start for us in 2020, just would have hoped we'd do better, ther rest i care less about, Dzeko is a strong CF that might do a decent job here no doubt but i don't see him improving us by much, i'd gladly have him as a back-up for the cheap but with the figures involved he is clearly coming in as a starter, and at this age i'm really not sure how much he can still be relied on. time will tell i guess, just again, would've preffered another way around this, but it is what it is right.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You seriously think i am gonna stand up for Milik? lol i couldn't give less of a shit about him, but nice cherry picking btw, see you getting good at it this days
Really? Quoting last years's stats is cherry picking?

Also, the guy who you replied to said:
"Resale value means nothing if your striker is going to provide you with some shitty numbers. We need instant quality, which Dzeko provides surely, and not profit from the sale which is something that clubs like Roma chase.

There's simply no way Milik (and not many better options out there apparently) would provide more quality than Dzeko. Imo not even half of it."

To which you replied:
'disagree.
And stop referring to Dzeko as if he is still in his prime, because he is not anymore, overall i'd obviously rate Dzeko as the better between the two based on their careers and output but not right now, and even resale value aside, he is simply long past his best years. This days he is a Llorente with a stronger shot and better ball control.'

So don't tell me you don't care about Milik.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Really? Quoting last years's stats is cherry picking?

Also, the guy who you replied to said:
"Resale value means nothing if your striker is going to provide you with some shitty numbers. We need instant quality, which Dzeko provides surely, and not profit from the sale which is something that clubs like Roma chase.

There's simply no way Milik (and not many better options out there apparently) would provide more quality than Dzeko. Imo not even half of it."

To which you replied:
'disagree.
And stop referring to Dzeko as if he is still in his prime, because he is not anymore, overall i'd obviously rate Dzeko as the better between the two based on their careers and output but not right now, and even resale value aside, he is simply long past his best years. This days he is a Llorente with a stronger shot and better ball control.'

So don't tell me you don't care about Milik.
lol , yes i don't care about Milik at all(probably i should let you know that the only reason i probably even came up with that example there was because of reading the figures involved and thinking the book value in the end wouldn't have been that far apart but at least one of them would have had some decent resale value), think you can even check further back on my posts when he first started to get linked with us and you would notice how little of a shit i give of him, i was just pointing out that i'd have seen him as a better alternative from certain primarily financial perspectives, not debating at all which is the better player here, and yes, if you follow up from there you could see me explaining a bit about those Dzeko numbers, not to downrate him, but rather to point out they will be far more different once he arrives here. here's some of my follow-up to that:

Well said, but would you not take into consideration that Roma had ZERO other players capable of scoring more than 5-10goals per season during this time? Most of their play had him as the target-man and main goalscoring threat so almost every atacking ball was set up/aimed at him whereas if he comes here is supposed to give support and lay it off for CR7 & Dybala, i don't expect him to score here more than Mandzukic used to for example, and for clear reasons, all my arguments are referring to Dzeko and nothing in there refers to me rating Milik over him.

I couldn't care less in fact about the goals as long as he turns out to be a good team player helping the rest score and express themselfs, but frankly what bothers me is the fact he has zero speed and pace left in him and that's something we already have plenty of so i can't help but feel that this move could potentially make us even more slow/predictable up-front.
So yeah, i'd say that nice cherry picking again but maybe you got lost among the pages there, anyway one way or the other you can keep your idea about me somehow favoring or rating Milik for as long as you like for all i care, but frankly you are letting that idea getting in the way of seeing the fact i don't give a rats ass about him and that the context in there is actually me just not liking this Dzeko to Juve idea right now, i dislike it yes, but not hate it, as i said, i do rate Dzeko quite high ever since his time with Roma(wasn't a fan of his at Citty), heck i even remember sharing some of his interviews when he was praising Chiellini for being a big part of Juve's success and thinking i would've liked him here at some point, however again , i just don't rate what he could bring to the table atm, would've preffered us going for someone with better athleticism, pace and even more fight into him if possible just to put it simple, but again, seeing the current circumstance i'd say ofc that as a temporary move this isn't that bad obviously, it's a sideways move yes but a decent one nonetheless, just that you can't say seeing the figures involved that there's no risk and potential downside to all of this, just don't believe my concerns are that out of place in this case, there are positives but also just as many negatives to this deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Llorente has never scored 19 goals in a league season LOL. If you wanna compare someone to Llorente, look no further than Giroud.
yeah, Llorente was pretty much a lolz of an example but given more in terms of the speed and athleticism he can still offer in comparison... as i've pointed out afterwards i actually think Mandzukic could maybe be more comparable in terms of the numbers they both would offer by the end of their first season, and by that i mean ofc some of Mandzu's better seasons and not just the last few washed up ones, but then again even that is not that accurate afterall... guess time will tell how this one will pan out eventually, my expectations are not nearly as high as some of you regarding all this though.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dzeko since joining Roma in 2015, 106 goals and 50 assists. Milik in his entire career 109 goals and 34 assists. If we include NTs, Dzeko since joining Roma has 123 goals and 55 assists, while Milik has 123 goals and 48 assists in his entire career for club and country

:dzeko:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Multiple outlets have connected Juve to El Shaarawy.

Probably an unpopular opinion but if Costa is sold, I wouldn’t mind him as a backup. We really wouldn’t have anyone to backup the left flank in that scenario, outside of guys that are better fit on the right, and he’d be a cheap option, and has experience in serie A.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Dzeko since joining Roma in 2015, 106 goals and 50 assists. Milik in his entire career 109 goals and 34 assists. If we include NTs, Dzeko since joining Roma has 123 goals and 55 assists, while Milik has 123 goals and 48 assists in his entire career for club and country

:dzeko:
And if we look at their ages, Dzeko is 34 and Milik is 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)