Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (84 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
Juve couldn't do anything, but morata could have refused to go back if he wanted to.
He still had to agree to a contract, but he was a Madrid fan so he left, thinking he would make it there.
He already had a contract signed with Real that would start when / if the buy-back will be activated. That's how buy-back clauses work; the player and new club have no say if the parent club activates the clause.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He already had a contract signed with Real that would start when / if the buy-back will be activated. That's how buy-back clauses work; the player and new club have no sya if the parent club activates the clause.
I don't think that is the case. That would practically make the player a slave.
That would be dumb, but I doubt it.
Why would real agree to a buy and rebuy when they could have just loan him for two seasons.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Juve couldn't do anything, but morata could have refused to go back if he wanted to.
He still had to agree to a contract, but he was a Madrid fan so he left, thinking he would make it there.
No he couldn't because he already had a contract with madrid

- - - Updated - - -

Another day of nothingness again..
Higuain is going

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I don't think that is the case. That would practically make the player a slave.
That would be dumb, but I doubt it.
Why would real agree to a buy and rebuy when they could have just loan him for two seasons.
He had no say whether Madrid exercised the clause or not because he had already agreed to sign the original contract which included the buyback clause.

Jun 16, 2020
Zaniolo's injury means there will be no Under - Milik swap.

ADL might be forced to deal with Juve now. Or not at all if he manages to sell Koulibaly to City first. Let's wait and see. With nobody leaving, there will be no new signings, that's for sure.
Getting Milik would be underwhelming.

Was nice for the Berna swap, but atm I want to see if Berna can play as wingback.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Higuian is about out. Sami too hopefully.

Let's hope it starts getting interesting soon.
Current squad is 25 players big without higgy, let's assume Pjaca will be loaned out and Samis contract rescinded, while we manage to sell De Sciglio, and DC too goes while a backup striker comes. That's 22 players, a full squad. At that point for every player that arrives we need to sell someone. And we can't seem to sell anyone out of the ones we would like (Berna, Ramsey, Rugani). We all want another mid (or two) and maybe fullbacks, but we will need to cut down the squad to do so
  1. Buffon
  2. Szczesny
  3. Pinsoglio
  4. De Ligt
  5. Chiellini
  6. Demiral
  7. Bonucci
  8. Rugani
  9. Danilo
  10. Alex Sandro
  11. Cuadrado
  12. De Sciglio
  13. Pellegrini
  14. Bentancur
  15. Arthur
  16. Rabiot
  17. McKennie
  18. Ramsey
  19. Khedira
  20. Ronaldo
  21. Dybala
  22. D. Costa
  23. Bernardeschi
  24. Kulusevski
  25. Pjaca

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Getting Milik would be underwhelming.

Was nice for the Berna swap, but atm I want to see if Berna can play as wingback.
I put Berna here out of the deal for sure.

Everything about this transfer window will be underwhelming IMO. We've already signed Kulu and Arthur who will be starters. The rest will be squad fillers like that American kid. Milik would be a squad filler too but perhaps it needs to be that way?

Jun 16, 2020
I put Berna here out of the deal for sure.

Everything about this transfer window will be underwhelming IMO. We've already signed Kulu and Arthur who will be starters. The rest will be squad fillers like that American kid. Milik would be a squad filler too but perhaps it needs to be that way?
I lost hope for a good player like Aouar when we didn’t received any money for Perin and 2m for Romero. So yeah it’s probably time to lower the expectations.

Anyway if we get Milik I hope that we’ll wait till the last moment and pay something like 10m because it would be insanity to pay big money while we can offer him a contract 3 or 4 months later.

Btw I’d be okay to not sign a midfielder and try Fagioli and Caviglia out this year. Rather them than Khedira of course.

I’m happy with Kulu, Arthur and the return of Demiral and Chiellini. Also Rabiot being MOTM with France gives me hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)