Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (120 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Interesting fact if true, so this pretty much totally rules out the likes of Suarez or any other non-eu players we might be linked with atm...

So even if we sell a non-eu it still applies and we can't bring another,right?
- suarez has an italian passport, he's not affected
- as per the rule, we can't sign any more non-eu players from outside the league
- we could still sign non-eu players using a simple trick: have an intermediary (like for example sassuolo) sign the player and loan the player. moggi did that with mutu already, when mutu was a free agent, signed for livorno, and in a week or two he was transferred to juve

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
His wife is Italian, he got Italian passport once they married.
Ok, thanks for clearing it out, didn't know that about him, so basically that would mean Suarez somehow has got italian citizenship right away through marriage? that's quite odd but perhaps there's more to it than what's made public, i wouldn't rule it out ofc.

- - - Updated - - -

- suarez has an italian passport, he's not affected
- as per the rule, we can't sign any more non-eu players from outside the league
- we could still sign non-eu players using a simple trick: have an intermediary (like for example sassuolo) sign the player and loan the player. moggi did that with mutu already, when mutu was a free agent, signed for livorno, and in a week or two he was transferred to juve[/QUOTE]
Yup he also cleared that part in the tweet and i kind of knew about it too but i was ofc also thinking that it's highly unlikely we could do that with a Suarez type of player tbh, would be easier i guess with young promising players or overall less rated ones.

Thank for clearing it out aswell though. :tup:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
its on transfermarkt:
1598873184505.png

the problem with Suarez is that he ming not want to leave Spain, he is really attached to his wife's family who lives in Barcelona. The family bonds were the reason he forced his move from Liverpool.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
Why does Arthur count as Non-EU? He was signed by Barca on July 9th 2018. For a brazilian to gain spanish citizenship it only takes 2 years and we're almost at 2 years and 2 months since he came to Europe. Every SA player would be dumb to to apply for a EU passport when they're eligible. It shouldn't matter that we made this transfer like two months ago, it counts when we register him in Seria A and that's postponed due to Covid.

Also, aren't we supposed to gain 1 additional non-Eu slot if we sell an non-EU player abroad?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
maybe he is working on it, or maybe he had other things on his mind. it probably takes some paperwork and visiting offices - might not be the best thing he wants to do in the COVID era.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It really angers me that Man U are signing Van De Beek for £40m and we signed Weston McKennie for 28m...
Why? Van de Beek isn't that good and is a diff type of player. A type of player Utd didn't need either with Bruno Fernandes and with Pogba already playing a deeper role. Odd transfer.

- - - Updated - - -

Which idjot made that?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
40m pound is 46m euro. We are paying 4.5m euro for this financial year for Mckennie, meaning we can spend more elsewhere. Purchase fee and the vague bonuses comes later, its why this depth signing is happening.

Also VDB is a mid level player. I would be disappointed if he was who we signed as the big purchase for our midifeld. He would disappoint so many of you if you expect more then an all around utility starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)