Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
It really angers me that Man U are signing Van De Beek for £40m and we signed Weston McKennie for 28m...
Well it shouldn't. Man utd has more than 200 mil. in revenue every year, than us.
They can pay cash, we can't, end of story.

Edit. They can afford to splash the cash and remain mediocre for what, 8 years.
US instead, 2 bad Mercato windows and we are looking at a financial disaster.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We dodged a bullet. Van de Beek is no Juve-material.
Sounds like United material.

He's also not a similar player to McKennie, just because he plays in midfield, nor is it a similar transfer deal. Loan plus option/obligation plus variable bonuses is not 40m pounds plus whatever bonuses, fees and salary the chimps at Yanited will pay.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Sounds like United material.

He's also not a similar player to McKennie, just because he plays in midfield, nor is it a similar transfer deal. Loan plus option/obligation plus variable bonuses is not 40m pounds plus whatever bonuses, fees and salary the chimps at Yanited will pay.
He’s a box to box player imo, but for sure is missing the fine technical abilities to be a good attacking force, and definitely doesn’t have good defensive qualities aswel. I like his positioning tho. To me, he’ll reach Ramsey’s level, but nothing more. I like that I don’t have to read his name again on VS, they’ve been hoping to get him since Ajax have beaten us, meanwhile I’m pretty sure that they’ve only seen him playing in those 2 games against us. I rather spent 10m more on Aouar.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He’s a box to box player imo, but for sure is missing the fine technical abilities to be a good attacking force, and definitely doesn’t have good defensive qualities aswel. I like his positioning tho. To me, he’ll reach Ramsey’s level, but nothing more. I like that I don’t have to read his name again on VS, they’ve been hoping to get him since Ajax have beaten us, meanwhile I’m pretty sure that they’ve only seen him playing in those 2 games against us. I rather spent 10m more on Aouar.
I always thought he looked a bit awkward and not an Ajax sort of player but thought he was an option simply because he's fairly high profile and affordable and at a club who regularly sells players.

I'm kind of suspecting that he won't "pull up any trees", to use another colloquialism, but United can financially afford to throw money around and away. In a sporting sense they are a chasing team.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Yeah and if you don't your not paying attention. There is a reason Pirlo was chosen because he looks at juventus like Agnelli. He's not a puppet
Well lets be honest: Conte, Allegri and Sarri had very little to no impact on our transfer strategy. What makes you thing we are giving Pirlo these benefits? Mind you, he has 0 experience in coaching. Are we going to invest millions in a squad with a coach that is unknown and for all we know, might be sacked before Christmas?

I'm not buying that, our squad will be enhanced by Tici and Nedved and Pirlo has to make lemonade out of the lemons we give him

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Well lets be honest: Conte, Allegri and Sarri had very little to no impact on our transfer strategy. What makes you thing we are giving Pirlo these benefits? Mind you, he has 0 experience in coaching. Are we going to invest millions in a squad with a coach that is unknown and for all we know, might be sacked before Christmas?

I'm not buying that, our squad will be enhanced by Tici and Nedved and Pirlo has to make lemonade out of the lemons we give him
Different relationship. I don't think he's the be all and end all but I believe Andrea let's him into the discussions and weighs his info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)