Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (94 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
We won't fix our midfield with Udinese and Sassuolo players. We need top quality or this shitshow from our midfield will continue and become even worse without Pjanic.
And frankly, I don't see more than 3 or 4 midfielders in serie A, good enough to make it to our sub-par midfield. We should look elsewhere for midfielders.
Not even Zaniolo ? Yeah I know he ain't natural midfielder ,but he's like tank , the way he "destroyed" Matuidi made me think he can play like 8 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I'd like us to go for Modric, Pogba, De Bruyne level quality. Not them necessarily, especially not Modric who is done, but our scouts should have discovered this level of players by now, or our managers should have prepared for the transfer season, knowing that the midfield's where we suck. We won't fix our midfield with average guys like De Paul or kids like Locatelli. I have nothing against the latter, because he might become an excellent midfielder one day. But if we buy him, he should be a depth signing, while in midfield we need to invest in the best there is. We bought the best attacker two years ago, last year we bought one of the best, and still very young, CBs in the world. Now it's time for the best there is in midfield.
I think Locatelli would be a good signing. I have seen him quite a bit this (or already last) season and he impressed me, he's grown a lot at Sass.

As a backup for DM, he'd be very good.

As for a B2B/attacking mid - I totally agree. Upgrading or neglecting here might be a game changer for us.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Isco remours but followed by luis alberto remours lol
We just don't have the money to spread it across what we need. Unfortunately the players leaving give us sweet FA in terms of cash injections. I think pirlo and the others need to dig deep and find players who will take their game to the next level. Vidal for 12m for instance was brilliant. Pogba on a free...we need to find these talents and build from there.

By the way Luis Alberto was great this season...in fact names like zaniolo locatelli are not shit players. Bringing back pogba wpuld be great but it just isn't possible.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
imo bentancur is wasted playing as a regista, or even dm.

he is good with ball as his feet and has good eye for forward passes. he should be playing as the most offensive player of a mid 3. he is too wasted playing deep and sitting back.

so ideally getting a dm who is good sitting deep would be great and would allow bentancur to play as a more natural attacking mid.

if bentancur plays this offensive mid role, i feel alot of these wishes for an offensive player like zaniolo and pogba would be satisfied.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think pirlo would look for a more natural offensive midfielder to link the midfield and forwards. I think bentancur is ideal to play on the right of the midfield trio and as you say he naturally drifts forward well. Just hope Arthur can take his game up an extra level and take over Pjanic.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I like the idea of weakening Lazio, but with Arthur, is there space for Luis Alberto?

- - - Updated - - -

De Paul and Locatelli, aren't they different players? Locatelli a DM, De Paul as a B2B.

If anything we would need both if we manage to sell Khedira and Ramsey.
I know locatelli can regista, but doesn't he play second mid aka more advanced of the two for sassuolo?

rainhard

May 5, 2004
With Locatelli and De Paul, I dont think we can compete with big teams from England (Liverpool, City, Chelsea they reinforced well), Spain (Madrid & Barca) and German (Bayern)

We should take only one from those name as rotational player
We really need world class midfielder to supply CR7 and Dybala

Last edited:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
The media should put some stories about Partey, especially if he playing a great game for Atletico
He has release clause, easier to poach, maybe after match against Leipzig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)