Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (382 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If Locatelli and Arthur are our only midfield reinforcements... :rofl: :howler: Definitely the kind of signings we need to take that midfield to the next level and compete with the likes of Bayern, Liverpool and City :baus:

Sacrificing the acquisitions of Tonali and Zaniolo only to end up with Locatelli? Priceless.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Zapata was just complaining that Sarri froze him out when they were both at Napoli. I think it's just lazy journalism because he scored against us.
Also being linked to 2 Sassuolo players just before playing them makes me doubt it has any substance in it, probably just lazy journalism and cack sources.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
If Locatelli and Arthur are our only midfield reinforcements... :rofl: :howler: Definitely the kind of signings we need to take that midfield to the next level and compete with the likes of Bayern, Liverpool and City :baus:

Sacrificing the acquisitions of Tonali and Zaniolo only to end up with Locatelli? Priceless.
And Tonali or Zaniolo would take our midfield to the next level? Nigga please.

None of those players are what we need. We need a midfielder that will bring +10 goals and +10 assists a season, and none of the above mentioned will do that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Its awful but the truth is that neither Tonali or Zaniolo are what we need.
Dont get me wrong I`d love Zaniolo but we need someone who really has presence physical dribbling and above all has the ability to score and assist lots of goals.
Zaniolo is part of that but we need someone who can be all of it.
This is why I only mention SMS and Pogba when I talk about midfielders.
Both are unlikely which means our mid still not going to be great next season although it can improve..

Jun 16, 2020
Zapata was just complaining that Sarri froze him out when they were both at Napoli. I think it's just lazy journalism because he scored against us.
Also being linked to 2 Sassuolo players just before playing them makes me doubt it has any substance in it, probably just lazy journalism and cack sources.
Yes, also always happens when a players scored against us or had a nice game, like Pinamonti last month.

Id be happy with both Locatelli and Boga, but our main object should be Zaniolo for now.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005

Ain’t being funny, but on paper we have a better midfield than Liverpool. Jordan fricking Henderson, Nabby Keita, Gio Wijnaldum, Fabinho, James Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wuhan.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ain’t being funny, but on paper we have a better midfield than Liverpool. Jordan fricking Henderson, Nabby Keita, Gio Wijnaldum, Fabinho, James Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wuhan.
it's all about fitting into a system. these are mostly good fits for a high defending, pressing, counterattacking team. they are very solid passers, especially the starters, pretty good at defending, and neither of them has to create a lot, because that's the fullback's and attacker's task at pool. out of our midfield, only bentancur and matuidi can press, and ramsey is also used to it, but not very good at it.

i reckon none of our midfielders would start for liverpool. maybe bentancur in a year or two, but he's not physical enough for that role. or maybe klopp could pick an in-form rabiot over wijnaldum... not sure about it either.

btw i'd gladly take fabinho, all day, any day. he's a versatile player, can play on a high level either as a fullback or a cm. he was on the top of my wishlist for years.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Fabinho meeeeeh, Locatelli meeeeh, Jorginho meeeeh. Do not want. Curious about Tonalli (he´s gone anyway) and Zaniolo. Have mixed feeling about SMS, he seems quite irregular.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I do think they will not only confirm Sarri, but will adapt a bit to his wishes.

I do think Jorginho has the exact profile Paratici will sign (28/29, plays a position we need, have the absolute confidence of the coach).

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
More Milik links.
I just dont get it - This guy is overrated. He has physique and the type Sarri wants but cant we get someone who has it and can do it better?!
Also rumour to Lacazette

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
You're being funny because Fabinho and Naby Keita take shits with more purpose than our entire midfield, bar Bentancur.
I’m saying on paper-ability wise our talent SHOULD shit on a lot of clubs. We’re getting nothing out from them.

- - - Updated - - -

fabinho alone is better than most of what we have.
I do rate him. Maybe not as much as you do but I do rate him.

- - - Updated - - -

Which brings me to another point. Our Regista role. We need a top Regista to make this all click in the middle. I still don’t see Bentancur as the answer there.

Jun 16, 2020
More Milik links.
I just dont get it - This guy is overrated. He has physique and the type Sarri wants but cant we get someone who has it and can do it better?!
Also rumour to Lacazette
It would resolve a few problems.
Financially a lot cheaper than Higuaín and we might swap Bernardeschi, what would be a problem less. He’s decent as a backup.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Juventus are being linked with a move for Ajax full-back Sergino Dest as they look for alternatives to Mattia De Sciglio and Danilo. The Bianconeri are looking to reinforce on the flanks as they look to upgrade in the left and right-back areas after a notable decline in quality in those positions.

Both Corriere Torino and Corriere dello Sport report that Juve are following 19-year-old Dest who came through the Ajax academy. Alongside, the club are also looking at a replacement left-back with David Alaba, Emerson Palmieri and Robin Gosens being considered. :D :D

I would love that, I mentioned it before, but both Dest and Denzel look ready to make a step forward and join the bigger stage..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Juventus are being linked with a move for Ajax full-back Sergino Dest as they look for alternatives to Mattia De Sciglio and Danilo. The Bianconeri are looking to reinforce on the flanks as they look to upgrade in the left and right-back areas after a notable decline in quality in those positions.

Both Corriere Torino and Corriere dello Sport report that Juve are following 19-year-old Dest who came through the Ajax academy. Alongside, the club are also looking at a replacement left-back with David Alaba, Emerson Palmieri and Robin Gosens being considered. :D :D

I would love that, I mentioned it before, but both Dest and Denzel look ready to make a step forward and join the bigger stage..
I think we can get him for a reasonable price too

Paratici's eye for talent :tuttosport:

At least its evident that he's trying to address the fullback issue as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 381)