Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Maybe panic isn't the right word.
Dissapoiment is more likely, but we have our own problems, why care what that shit club does.
I'd hate to have seen what Tuz looked like when inter signed Ronaldo

- - - Updated - - -

He has done good things with MDL and Demiral but his criminal neglect of the midfield is impossible to justify IMO
I think it was well established that MDL was bought at the sacrifice of not being able to invest in the midfield last summer. Tbh I maintain the belief that MDL was far too good to pass up and his performances this season have proven that. Its also well established Paratici will look to bring a long term fix to the midfield, its a juggling act which to be frank i can't really blame him for. Unfortunately some fans here (not saying you) are simply unrealistic both in an economic view and time scale, frankly it pisses me off that people have ignored a lot of the good Paratici has done, but Rome wasn't built in a day, Arthur is a good start for next season, as is Kulusevski.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He has done good things with MDL and Demiral but his criminal neglect of the midfield is impossible to justify IMO
Signing de ligt was spot on, because the reason we lost against Ajax was that Chiello was injured. Bon bon and rugano were a joke. Ajax runned circles around us in the return leg because of that.
So getting a potential world class cb and 2 good or potentially good cm 's for free was smart. Too bad those two didn't deliver.
Cancelo and spinazolla were sold for balance, understandable. The only point of criticism is trying to sell dybala, who just scored as I'm typing :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather not. That would actually mean that inda are successful and I like them as they are.

Last edited:

JuventinoCL

Jul 18, 2014
I think tonight’s game showed that Arthur and Aouar together isn’t impossible, and if we’re going for opportunities in the market Aouar could be a good one!
Costa came on with CR7 and Joya switching through the middle, Pjanic and Benta in midfield and Berna on the left - which could well be swapped for Aouar, allowing him to add to the attack and slot back into a 3 in midfield on defence.
Having Dybala behind Ronaldo gave him the extra space for that fantastic strike (2 in a row now!) and Costa was electric on the right!

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Is Thiago worth a punt at? Heard he’s no longer interested in playing at Bayern. He’s highly injury prone but is arguably the most technically gifted midfielder around next to the likes of KDB and Pogba. His dribbling, touch, passing...everything about him oozes class. He can also play any of the midfield roles (whether mezzala or regista) excellently.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Is Thiago worth a punt at? Heard he’s no longer interested in playing at Bayern. He’s highly injury prone but is arguably the most technically gifted midfielder around next to the likes of KDB and Pogba. His dribbling, touch, passing...everything about him oozes class. He can also play any of the midfield roles (whether mezzala or regista) excellently.
Are we trying to assemble the world's most injured XI?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I think tonight’s game showed that Arthur and Aouar together isn’t impossible, and if we’re going for opportunities in the market Aouar could be a good one!
Costa came on with CR7 and Joya switching through the middle, Pjanic and Benta in midfield and Berna on the left - which could well be swapped for Aouar, allowing him to add to the attack and slot back into a 3 in midfield on defence.
Having Dybala behind Ronaldo gave him the extra space for that fantastic strike (2 in a row now!) and Costa was electric on the right!
It was Lecce, dude. 10 men Lecce.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was well established that MDL was bought at the sacrifice of not being able to invest in the midfield last summer. Tbh I maintain the belief that MDL was far too good to pass up and his performances this season have proven that. Its also well established Paratici will look to bring a long term fix to the midfield, its a juggling act which to be frank i can't really blame him for. Unfortunately some fans here (not saying you) are simply unrealistic both in an economic view and time scale, frankly it pisses me off that people have ignored a lot of the good Paratici has done, but Rome wasn't built in a day, Arthur is a good start for next season, as is Kulusevski.
Refreshing perspective, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I too really enjoy Thiago. i think he would take a starting spot immediately. However, like you say, I don't want another injury prone player. We have so many of 'em already and always half the team away because we have a manager that never rotates or listens to our medical staff, or is being mislead by an incompetent medical staff. Sarri likes small squads so if we starting cutting legs but add injury prone players then we can just sit back and watch the fire burn next year. I suppose his salary is quite high and I'm not sure it is worth it given how little he will play with a fully fit body and head.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020

- - - Updated - - -

To much negativity here, everything would’ve been different if he sold Dybala - but for now he’s doing a good job imo. We can’t expect Paratici so sign Demiral, De Ligt and create a new midfield in 1 mercato. And lets not forget Ramsey who’s a nice addition. Rabiot still has to reach his true level, and if he doesn’t he’ll be easy to sell. I don’t want to ignore the U23/U19 projects, it seems to me that he’s putting a lot of effort in those teams.

This year no excuses for the midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Talks between Milik and Atlético Madrid - Di Marzio

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Let's get Zapata
Apparently there is a buy back clause on muratore. Not 100% confirmed yet

- - - Updated - - -

To much negativity here, everything would’ve been different if he sold Dybala - but for now he’s doing a good job imo. We can’t expect Paratici so sign Demiral, De Ligt and create a new midfield in 1 mercato. And lets not forget Ramsey who’s a nice addition. Rabiot still has to reach his true level, and if he doesn’t he’ll be easy to sell. I don’t want to ignore the U23/U19 projects, it seems to me that he’s putting a lot of effort in those teams.

This year no excuses for the midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Talks between Milik and Atlético Madrid - Di Marzio
Agreed in hindsight if dybala had gone yes it would have been a black mark against paratici, thankfully it never materialised so people shouldn't hold it against him. But I've read way too much negativity all over about how he should never have sold cancelo. Again it was a necessary move from a economic view and tbh he looked very disinterested at times

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
We've got a lot of problems that need adressing. Arthur didn't solve anything, he just steps in for Pjanic. Kulusevski is a nice addition, but he is quite raw and it's hard to figure out now if he adds anything yet to the starting XI.

The last two games have been positive for the trident of Ronaldo-Dybala-Costa/Berna, so it could solve our attacking problem pretty easily if we can establish this as the way to go from now on. However since Higgy is leaving we probably need a striker. I don't like Milik, but I don't want to spend too much either on the striker as we have more pressing issues. I'd be happy if Higgy just stays on the bench for another year and steps in later in the game or as a back-up.

Where I want to spend is to sign two world class full-backs, or at least one world-class one and one for the future. Fuck Sandro, I'm done with him. It's been several seasons of sub-par work after his fantastic debut season. Fuck Danilo and De Sciglio too, both insanely unreliable on the pitch and barraged with injuries. Cuadrado is the only revelation and decent full-back we have. Get Trent Alexander Arnold and Alphonso Davies and call it a day. Lol, just kidding, but this is the position I'd really like us to improve on as we can see that full-backs have been absolute key for offensive teams like Liverpool and Dortmund. Spend 100+ mil here and don't fuck around, Sandro does have a lot of suitors so it can be financed.

The second most important thing is a box-to-box mid. People here are milking their little ding-dongs off on Bentancur but I feel he is not that good. I just don't see it. He offers very little in attack and can be very clumsy with challenges; he's improving constantly though which is a good thing. SMS/Kante/Pogba are the dream, but they all come with a hefty price tag. We can partly finance this by selling off Rabiot, but it will barely help. Overall our midfield right now is a revolving door where sub par mids switch places with each other constantly. We need to establish a solid trio with clear roles, and Arthur + B2B would fill out those two starting slots with Bentancur or Ramsey filling in for the third depending on the characteristics of the B2B. Ship Khedira out with Rabiot and leave Matuidi to fight for a place with the B2B.

Overall I'd be happy just with one world class left-back, another great full-back and a world class mid. Three signings that need a lot of dough, but could be financed with Rabiot, Sandro, De Sciglio and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)