Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Our mid is crap compared to the big guns but Inter definitely dont have a better mid yet it looks like they do.. This shows how much the system counts..
Lazio are the only ones with better midfielders as 2 of their midfielders could play at any other team.
I am sorry, but Napoli's midfield easily trumps ours. Allan, a bench warmer for them, is better than any of our midfielders.

Jun 16, 2020
Our mid is crap compared to the big guns but Inter definitely dont have a better mid yet it looks like they do.. This shows how much the system counts..
Lazio are the only ones with better midfielders as 2 of their midfielders could play at any other team.
Inter had some bad luck with injuries of Sensi after he started out very good. Barella missed like a month or so, but they’ve been using Vecino and Gagliardini a lot and they both suck. Both Barella and Sensi would add something to our squad, especially Sensi. Eriksen hasn’t really found his place in the team yet. Brozovic is nice, but more a runner who closes the lines between the midfield and the defence, not a pure regista imo. I’d say their midfield is better than ours though, if not for the injury of Sensi and the stubbornness of Conte they’d had more points by now. The biggest problems there are the wingbacks.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I would trade Napoli, Inter and Lazio midfield for our own.
And that's only in Italy. In the EPL, probably half the teams have a better midfield. In Germany, Bayern's midfield shits all over ours, PSG probably have a better midfield because of the midget Koalture or Vultoala (take your pick). In Spain, ATM, Barca and Madrid all have superior midfields. It's actually sad and shameful. I refuse to believe our management, led by two esteemed members of The Tirumvirate of Ultimate Fuckery are that delusional or dumb - well, perhaps they are.

May 4, 2020
Pjanic/Arthur is to balance the books for both Juventus and Barcelona. It’s like Pellegrini and Spina last year. If we succeed to put this of, it would be great imo. Good business on both deals.

But you’re right, if it’s just Arthur it would be a disappointment.
How it is to balance the books?
If it is swap I doubt that it will be balance anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Zielenski is great midfielder

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
How it is to balance the books?
If it is swap I doubt that it will be balance anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Zielenski is great midfielder
You assign the book value of the player that you just signed a bit higher. The player that just left does not have much of a book value which represents a good profit in accounting terms.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Fabian Ruiz and Allan would walk into our mid imo.
Well they would since Pjanic isnt really performing so its more of a situation that makes it look like they are better..
The "real" Pjanic is better than both of them and Im pretty sure we will see him at Barca showing exactly why they want him..
Bentancur for me is better than Allan while F.Ruiz is good no question about it.
On paper they are not better - Formation and style there is no doubt they are doing a better job..

- - - Updated - - -

Striker for bryne fk u19
I see - Didnt our Messi wannabe youngster has some crazy stats before moving here (something about breaking Messi`s record if I remember correctly..)
Its all worth nothing until they get to play against grown ups.. I would keep on eye on him but it means nothing..

- - - Updated - - -

Inter had some bad luck with injuries of Sensi after he started out very good. Barella missed like a month or so, but they’ve been using Vecino and Gagliardini a lot and they both suck. Both Barella and Sensi would add something to our squad, especially Sensi. Eriksen hasn’t really found his place in the team yet. Brozovic is nice, but more a runner who closes the lines between the midfield and the defence, not a pure regista imo. I’d say their midfield is better than ours though, if not for the injury of Sensi and the stubbornness of Conte they’d had more points by now. The biggest problems there are the wingbacks.
I forgot all the names Inter have on their roster - They indeed have a better midfield.
Sensi should he stay healthy could become WC in no time
Barella is good but not better than that
Eriksen is definitely good while Brozovic is very good as well.
So I agree Inter`s mid is probably better although I wouldnt say by much if Pjanic recovers his form..

Lazio are in a different league currently since they have 2 WC players in their team SMS and L.Alberto

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, but Napoli's midfield easily trumps ours. Allan, a bench warmer for them, is better than any of our midfielders.
Allan has declined but you base that on current things and not overall.
Pjanic should he regain form is better than any of Napoli`s midfielders but this is unlikely to happen since he is probably counting his days until his Barcelona move.

Current status - Yeah of course there are better midfields out there but a lot of it is due to the circumstances..

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm basing it on the current situation. I can't base it on what ifs and hypotheticals.

It's not about when and if Panic regains form, or what if Ramsey can stay fit and healthy. What if Reboot fulfilled his promise? It's like waking up and hoping you have superpowers and can fly, or that Blaised and Confused suddenly develops Zidanesque ball control skills.

- - - Updated - - -

I was watching FC Seoul play Ulsan Hyundai in the K-League, and their players are actually better at crossing than the overpaid millionaires on our squad - shocking and embarrassing.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
I'm basing it on the current situation. I can't base it on what ifs and hypotheticals.

It's not about when and if Panic regains form, or what if Ramsey can stay fit and healthy. What if Reboot fulfilled his promise? It's like waking up and hoping you have superpowers and can fly, or that Blaised and Confused suddenly develops Zidanesque ball control skills.

- - - Updated - - -

I was watching FC Seoul play Ulsan Hyundai in the K-League, and their players are actually better at crossing than the overpaid millionaires on our squad - shocking and embarrassing.
How’s Cannavaro doing in China?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

What I meant by stating overall skill and not current form - I meant that if we have Napoli midfield instead of ours with this current game plan - They would suck just as much..
This is why I said they are not better..

Take 3 good to great players and give them stupid game plan and you`ll see how much they suck.. This is why I said our midfield is better than what it currently is although it could improve by a great margin!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, everyone can cross better than us. You can remove all he players in defense with nothing to obstruct the player from crossing and they would still over hit or completely fail at it

Last edited:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
The only way for us to become a great international club is to rectify the below problems:

1) remove Juve from italy. Italy is a nation whose football is at China level currently. CR7 coming was the last good thing that happened for Serie A. Italy’s society is laidback, racist, and slow to changes. Top young talents see this place as the worst place for their family. Losers like Pjanic see this place as the best place for their family because the changes are so slow that by the time the club wants to get rid of him, he would be retiring anyway. EPL is where Juve should be. But at our level, England will probably want us to start from League 1.

2) change our jersey. In the history of European football, black and white stripes are considered to be the wallflower of football jerseys. The moment footballers put this jersey on, they become mental midgets. Only a GOAT like CR7 can ignore this drawback and still deliver magical performances likethe one in Madrid comeback. Even our past ‘greats’ like Adp would never have that mentality to do that.

3) fire all Italians in this club (except Buffon and Chiellini as fans love them). For the past ten years, Italians genetics is to fail at football from business, coaching, to playing level. It must be the pasta or the salt they use from the region. It damages their genes and cause their offspring to have underdeveloped footballing talents.

Once the above three is done, you will see players like Sancho Mbappe sprinting into our club and winning ECL will be our annual entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)