Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We should downsize our expectations for this mercato.

The club is broke, and everyone else is broke too. Loans, swaps, and postponed payments. Sales to keep the team afloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Marcelo is 31 but plays like he is 40. Hard pass. Old player with no hunger and high fees is not what we need at all.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Cristiano Ronaldo is the certainty to remain at Juventus. Paulo Dybala is at a crossroads but should renew. Douglas Costa and Federico Bernardeschi futures are uncertain. Gonzalo Higuain is the most likely to leave in the summer. [TS]

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
seeing Hakimi play in front of the right back at Dortmund, I can even imagine they make him the new right sided Bale, transforming him from RB into right attacker/winger...
Thats a remote possibility but Dortmund play 343, and Hakimi is RM or Wingback. Pizcek plays Right Center back of the trio. So he doesnt tend to have an RB behind him.

And I dont think Real Madrid are the type of club converting fullbacks to attackers/wingers, they have enough options or capital to get players there. Hakimi future with them will be RB. High level inportance in fullbacks with top level attack capabilities.

It all depends on how healthy Carvajal can be. One serious injury again and they wont consider offers for Hakimi. Plus they have Odriozola too.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Cristiano Ronaldo is the certainty to remain at Juventus. Paulo Dybala is at a crossroads but should renew. Douglas Costa and Federico Bernardeschi futures are uncertain. Gonzalo Higuain is the most likely to leave in the summer. [TS]
Given the wages and level it makes all the sense in the world to sell Higuain and go for a cheaper backup. Kean would be ideal for a role now but maybe that can't happen yet.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Given the wages and level it makes all the sense in the world to sell Higuain and go for a cheaper backup. Kean would be ideal for a role now but maybe that can't happen yet.
You won't sell Higuain for the book price no matter what. nobody will pay that much for him. Cheaper back ups might not be on his level as well.

The last thing I believe is Kean coming back to warm the bench after last Summer where he was sold for playing time. He'd also command quite high wages as for a backup, he's Raiola's client after all.

The best thing now is to negotiate with Higuain for an additional year while trying to lower his current wages per year - to spread it over two years (with some additional money thrown in of course). In that case you could offer him for example 10m net for two years, instead of 7.5m for just one. His book value would be much more digestible and we would have a valuable backup striker for the next two years. Creative accounting obviously sucks but every club plays this game nowadays.

Now go and spend those money on the midfield. CR7, Dybala, Higuain as strikers is very good, especially if you compare it to the midfield we have right now.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
First thing we need to do is cut down our wage bill. Too many useless players earning crazy money with little contribution.

I am not expecting big signings either anyways considering the precarious financial situation of the club/league.

I think our budget will depend a lot on sales this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)