Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We owned him for 2.5 seasons, but he was on loan for 1.5 of those, so no, not for CL. I think he does for Serie A, even if we owned him for only 6 months of his 1st season under contract here, he was still technically part of the club for 3 seasons between age 15 and 21

- - - Updated - - -

Potential CL homegrowns that are currently in Serie A are Mirante and Audero from GKs, Romagna (CB from Sassuolo, previously Cagliari), Mattiello (WB, hardly ever plays for Cagliari, sucks for the injuries as he showed potential with Max in 2014-15) and ofcourse Immobile. Maybe I forgot someone but that's about it. We can always bring back Giovinco tho, #10 is up for grabs in the summer :fab3:
I believe Romagna has torn ACL recently.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Santos president:
“It’s non secret that Kaio Jorge is sought-after, but if we don’t receive the offers I feel are suitable by a certain deadline, then we’ll keep him until the end of the season.

“Juventus asked about him, but made no formal offers. I told them his release clause is €75m, but we are open to negotiation. We were discussing closer to €30m, but not just with Juve.

“Another two Italian clubs are very active on him, along with a French side, but seeing as those stories didn’t reach the papers, I won’t name them.

“The clauses are there to protect ourselves from the economic aggression of the big European clubs. It forces those clubs to speak with us directly.”

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
The way I see it:

Sell:
Pjanic 50M
Douglas Costa 30-40M
Rugani - 10M
Pjaca - 5M
Federico Bernardereschi - 25M
Rabiot - 15M

Incoming: 145M

Sign:
Tonali - 40M
Chiesa - 40M
SMS - 100M
Kaio Jorge - 20M
Emerson - 20M

Outgoing - 200M

Woj

(Buffon)
Cuadrado (Danilo) Bonucci (Demiral) De Ligt (Chiellini) Alex Sandro (Emerson)
Ramsey (Khedira) Bentancur (Tonali) SMS (Matuidi)
Chiesa (Kulasevski) Dybala (Higuain) CR7 (Kaio Jorge)
In my humble opinion, we'll have decent depth on both FB's. Midfield is a bit thin but there's a mix of technical, tactical en physical ability. Front line is worrisome with a lot of youngsters who are unproven but worst case we can got Dybala, CR7 and Higgy.

We need a new coach though. I'm off the play fifa

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
our track record with Fiorentina sucks: Melo, Bernardeschi, who else?

- - - Updated - - -

I should say "recent" track record...

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Who would you choose between SMS and
keep Chiesa away pls, he's so damn overrated

Ramsey - Benta - Pogba

with Tonali, Matuidi and Kulusevski off the bench
you would choose Pogba over SMS?

One has flopped at MU and showed a terrible attitude whereas the other has carried his team in a record breaking season

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

One has flopped at MU and showed a terrible attitude whereas the other has carried his team in a record breaking season

Pogba is DEFENITELY better then SMS. Should be zero doubts about it.

Also, why do you have a Pogba avatar? :D

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

With all due respect to SMS, Luis Alberto is the one who carry Lazio but its wrong to say even that as all Lazio players are doing well including their coach!

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
There's no guarantee that any player from Lazio or Inzaghi will be as good anywhere else. They are great as a team but we've seen this many times over the years and when players/managers leave they are back to being average.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yup.

They have developed a counter-attacking style that is quite unusual for good teams in recent years and hard to sustain as opponents figure out how to close down certain spaces and prevent some dangerous transitions.

I'd bet on Milinkovic-Savic going on to be very good, but I could see Luis Alberto struggling in a team with more controlled possession higher up the pitch. There just wouldn't be as much space for him and there aren't many forwards around just now who move as well as Immobile does to provide passing options for midfielders.

Or maybe he's better than I'm giving him credit for and he'll continue to develop and figure out how to be successful in a different style of football.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
An actual B2B mid :tuttosport:

Edit: There are a lot of good Italian CMs nowadays. Obviously we have none. But very few of them are actual B2B mids I feel. Zaniolo is close, I'm not sure if he's more of a CAM though. Tonali, Locatelli, Sensi, Barella, Verratti, Jorginho are all deeper players IMO. Then there's Pellegrini.

This is why I love Castrovilli.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
They are two different players, luis alberto plays as an offensive midfielder/support striker
Where did I say they play in the same position?! I was just referring to Luis Alberto the most influential Lazio player of this season even if I really rate SMS..

- - - Updated - - -

An actual B2B mid :tuttosport:

Edit: There are a lot of good Italian CMs nowadays. Obviously we have none. But very few of them are actual B2B mids I feel. Zaniolo is close, I'm not sure if he's more of a CAM though. Tonali, Locatelli, Sensi, Barella, Verratti, Jorginho are all deeper players IMO. Then there's Pellegrini.

This is why I love Castrovilli.
Castrovili is indeed a good player and he is very young but there is a catch.. Fiorentina... The amount they will ask for him will make it impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)