Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,741

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Who or what is a bouhafsi?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hello Mr positif :D
    Thank you for your input Pavlushka. I want to dislike your post because of the Tar, but you amuse me, so I shall refrain from negative sentiment (unless it's directed towards Icunti) :p

- - - Updated - - -

This is why this forum is always bitter, lashing out on players and staff. Aiming super-high even though the evidence show we need 3-4 years to become elite. Our owner & sporting director told you what's the plan, so stop trying to talk about a dream world where we have enough money.
    Are you happy with the choice of coach? Are you pleased that we almost sold, arguably, our most important player last summer (CR7 isn't going to be around forever)?

If we want to be relevant, remain competitive, and challenge for the CL with CR7, the time is now. Last year was wasted, this year looks to be another potential disappointment, and then we've only got 2 more years to capitalize on that window of opportunity with CR7 here.

Our fullbacks, Sandro aside, are nothing to write home about. Our midfield is one of the worst among the big clubs in Europe, and we lack proper width. So, yes, the board deserve criticism, as do the players (some of who are nowhere near good enough for Juventus) and coaching staff.

We've been hearing this BS about needing time to become super elite. Well, don't waste funds on the likes of Ramsey and Rabiot then; don't extend contracts of failing or ageing players; don't try to sell your best assets.

Last edited:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
    Insane wages and a signing on fee (+agent commish), or is that not money to you Mr. Vodka? :p
    You do know that wages are high when transfer fee is high as well? Think Ramsey is making more now than if we signed him for €40m?
    Free transfers might earn 10-20% more in wages and the agent surely makes a higher commission but there's still a long way up to the players market value if you sign someone with a few years left on the contract.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    You do know that wages are high when transfer fee is high as well? Think Ramsey is making more now than if we signed him for €40m?
    Free transfers might earn 10-20% more in wages and the agent surely makes a higher commission but there's still a long way up to the players market value if you sign someone with a few years left on the contract.
    I'm fully aware of that. That wasn't the point I was trying to make. If a purchase is unnecessary or superfluous, even if you pay 10 million, I consider those wasted funds.

I think our midfield could and should've looked much better had we made better decisions. It's been approximately 5 years since we sold Vidal, and 4 since Pogba, but our midfield is still mediocre.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
    Oct 20, 2004
    4 years ago if someone was to tell you that Ramsey and rabiot would be playing at Juve, you wouldnt be disappointed.
    To be honest.... those signings are not our best recruit to fix the mid...

i think Fabio knows that very well ....BUT...

Both were the only best option in the market for free.... and lets face it ....last summer the priority was the defense which we forked out more than 100m on Deliget and Demiral ....

Discussion of Ramsey and Rabiot should be related to that summer operation....

hopefully this summer we get the job done... but tell now:

Higgy is refusing to leave
    Berna is refusing to leave
    Pjanic is refusing to leave
    Khadera of course will not leave

only Rugani his agent states his desire to change clubs

thats mean swapping is the only way to go for the time being

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    I still would be. Anything to back up your boy Tootsie, even twisting narratives and facts eh?
    You know it.

If Beppe brought them in, he'd call em expensive freebies.

- - - Updated - - -

4 years ago if someone was to tell you that Ramsey and rabiot would be playing at Juve, you wouldnt be disappointed.
    lol

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    Mudno Deportivo say Barca authorized Juve to talk to Arthur, they expect the deal will go through. Pjanic or Berna could be included it the deal.

Barca wants Bentancur and De Ligt but Juve ruled those two out, they're not for sale.

There's also a mention of Juve's interest in Coutinho and Dembele.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    arthur is a nice prospect, but these two... :shifty:
    I don't believe in Coutinho and Dembele tbh. Too expensive and wages too high as well.

Arthur is definitely a Sarri's type of midfielder. Barca's interest in Pjanic and Berna is nothing new, hopefully something will come out of this.

Both clubs are looking for ways to either sell (very difficult now) or buy/sell via swaps.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Mudno Deportivo say Barca authorized Juve to talk to Arthur, they expect the deal will go through. Pjanic or Berna could be included it the deal.

Barca wants Bentancur and De Ligt but Juve ruled those two out, they're not for sale.

There's also a mention of Juve's interest in Coutinho and Dembele.
    Mundo is a horrible sauce, but doesn't Bayern want cout?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)