Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (395 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Mckennie is a good player. B2B type with an engine and no real weaknesses so he could play a dynamic game. Only real issue i've seen is temperament. Dude goes around looking to get booked sometimes.

I don't see him as more than a squad player here but his well rounded game makes him a more suitable B2B player than most we've had recently.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Mckennie is a good player. B2B type with an engine and no real weaknesses so he could play a dynamic game. Only real issue i've seen is temperament. Dude goes around looking to get booked sometimes.
Pirlo did mention he wants to play a high energy press so Mckennie matches the profile of the type of player Pirlo wants. I could see Pirlo looking for a Casemeiro type of midfielder to do the dirty work so more creative players like Kulu, Arthur and Dybala can do their magic higher up the pitch similar to what Kroos, Modric and Isco do.

One more thing, if people saw a video of Casemeiro highlights (before he signed for Madrid), you would be getting alot of the same negative comments around his passing skills and technical flair, etc.. I'm all for this profile of player as we haven't had this kind of player since Vidal left.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

Great thread to read if you want to know more about the Murican.

- - - Updated - - -
While playing as a defensive midfielder for Schalke, Mckennie made 1.5 tackles per game, winning 55% of his tackles. Another great defensive quality he possesses is his ability to block the ball. McKennie averaged 1.9 blocks per game this past season.

On the ball, McKennie is solid without being great. He averaged 36.7 passes per game with an 80.9% success rate. This is an aspect of his game which can be improved, particularly through the coaching of Pirlo.
Nice, so he brings assurance that when he tackles, it's either he wins it or not. :tup:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I didn't like him much when I first saw McKennie play tbh, but he has improved since then. I hope he can continue to grow into a very solid player. He's another option for set pieces too so that's always good.

We're finally getting an actual American athlete, which comes with the ability to run forever and fight to the death no matter what. I'm so fucking hype right now :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

GET FUCKING HYPE :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 388)