Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
With the bailouts in the French industry we might have a bigger budget than before. Besides, from a tactical standpoint, there is no better time to invest than now. Likelyhood of a lightning striking again and insane demand for entertainment. Probably the last market where a 100Mils gets you a superstar.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Pogba, Tonali & Jorginho and call that a win for me.

Mercato closed.
Add Ferran Torres, Ricky pereira and a decent forward for epic glory

- - - Updated - - -

According to transfermarkt it's 2021.
I just hope that Fabio doesn't fall back into his old ways by granting him an extension for a jack daniels bottle.
Fucking marotta for giving him a fat renewal

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Add Ferran Torres, Ricky pereira and a decent forward for epic glory

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking marotta for giving him a fat renewal
we get those three for midfield I could care less about anything else. I'm sick and tired of our midfield.

Pogba and Tonali alone would be huge. We need someone to anchor the midfield like Pogba and Jorginho too since he knows what Sarri wants. We need better people behind Dybala and Ronaldo.

We need a midfield good enough to let our attackers be attackers and forget about trying to drop back to get the ball in midfield because our midfield isn't good enough to get them the ball.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why Fagjinho? :boh:

Who are selling in midfield and other parts of the squad to realize this reality? :D
Jorginho b/c he is better than pretty much everyone in our midfield already (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Bentancur to keep moving his quality in a positive direction). Pjanic just hasn't made that consistent leap in quality. He has disappointed me the most. If we can get him for a decent price I think we would be foolish to pass him up BUT if it means NOT getting Tonali and/or Pogba then that would be an issue with me. Those two should be a priority, then Jorginho for midfield depth and we have the added bonus of knowing Sarriball (as gay as that sounds).

I hope we get ride of Khedira and put Matuidi so far down the list that he rarely sees game time bar Coppa matches. What I'm hoping for is someone is dumb enough to shell out a good amount for Pjanic that we can use that for Pogba. Pogba on the other hand will need to accept a lower salary if he wants to be at a club he can be happy in again.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately it looks as though we will need a new striker if Higuain leaves which looks likely. Milik it is then :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine having a midfield that allows Dybala to actually stick up around the box and play off the Striker and allowing Ronaldo to be Ronaldo.

Imagine.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Jorginho b/c he is better than pretty much everyone in our midfield already (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Bentancur to keep moving his quality in a positive direction). Pjanic just hasn't made that consistent leap in quality. He has disappointed me the most. If we can get him for a decent price I think we would be foolish to pass him up BUT if it means NOT getting Tonali and/or Pogba then that would be an issue with me. Those two should be a priority, then Jorginho for midfield depth and we have the added bonus of knowing Sarriball (as gay as that sounds).

I hope we get ride of Khedira and put Matuidi so far down the list that he rarely sees game time bar Coppa matches. What I'm hoping for is someone is dumb enough to shell out a good amount for Pjanic that we can use that for Pogba. Pogba on the other hand will need to accept a lower salary if he wants to be at a club he can be happy in again.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately it looks as though we will need a new striker if Higuain leaves which looks likely. Milik it is then :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine having a midfield that allows Dybala to actually stick up around the box and play off the Striker and allowing Ronaldo to be Ronaldo.

Imagine.

What the hell is our fascination with Milik anyway

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What the hell is our fascination with Milik anyway
Probably the best Serie A level striker we can get our hands on without spending a fortune. Icardi left, we didn't (couldn't?) get him so I guess aside from our WC attack who else is left in Italy worth picking that has experience?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Probably the best Serie A level striker we can get our hands on without spending a fortune. Icardi left, we didn't (couldn't?) get him so I guess aside from our WC attack who else is left in Italy worth picking that has experience?

Why Italy though? Why does the striker HAVE to be in Italy? Especially one that can't put together a string of 10 consecutive matches.

Why are you even listening to me. I'm an idiot who is past my prime.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why Italy though? Why does the striker HAVE to be in Italy? Especially one that can't put together a string of 10 consecutive matches.

Why are you even listening to me. I'm an idiot who is past my prime.
LOL what?

Why in Italy? Not sure what the motive is. Maybe it's a Sarri request. Maybe Paratici thinks he is world class. Who the fuck knows. Maybe Paratici will surprise us with Pogba and Tonali AND another great attacker up front.

Maybe Sami will lead the midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine.
I'm banking on isco. Sources close to Madrid state they dont want pogba so we are basically the only side who wants him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)