Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (252 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
I’d love to see Pogba back but ideally not as a replacement for Pjanic.

A midfield of;

Pogba - Can - Pjanic
With a back up of;
Matuidi - Bentancur - Khedira

Would be absolute filth.

Also why the hell would Pjanic want to leave CR7 to go and play with a team that’s not even playing CL next year and will be losing their best player to Real. That wouldn’t make sense
Just playing devil's advocate here but lots of reasons:

London is an attractive destination
Better salary
Huge signing fee
The PL is the most popular league in the world
New challenge
New project, possibly where Pjanic is seen as their star player
Family - Maybe wife likes London? Maybe Pjanic likes the schools in London for his child?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Pjanic has a great opportunity ahead of him. He can break a record by providing the most assists in a season for us. He would be stupid to leave. Ronaldo arriving brings a new challenge so if he wants to be the best, he needs to watch, play and learn alongside the best. He's not going anywhere IMO he looked happy enough when he met CR7. I don't think players wanting to leave is going to be a problem, pushing them out is a different matter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
I don't get the obsession of keeping Pjanic. Yes, he is our best midfielder right now, but turning down 80M (especially 100M) is a no brainer.

He's too metal fragile and disappears in the big games if he makes a couple of mistakes. In all the CL games we have struggled, he has has been one of the lowest performers. Even Allegri has some time ago commented that he needs to improve on keeping cool and stay focused if he makes some mistakes during a game.

Also, he lacks defensive and physical attributes meaning we have to play 3-man midfield which limits only 3 spaces available for Ronaldo, Manbro, Dybi, Berna, DC, Cuads and potentially Pjaca.

However, replacing his creativity in midfield will be difficult, especially as I only see SMS, Pogba and Kovasic (of those rumored to us) on similar level. However, they do also have that physical and defensive ability to allow us to play 4-2-3-1.

In other words, if we could sign one of those by selling Pjanic, it will be 10/10 mercado for me.

If not (Man U not letting Pogba go, SMS still too expensive and Kovasic staying at RM), I would still prefer selling Pjanic, buying a less expensive replacement who is less creative but more physical and defensive present (even Golovin would do, even if he doesn't quite fit that description) while also giving Bentacur more playing time to develop him.

Apr 29, 2006
Turning down 100M for Pjanic might not be the optimal decision, but what/who are we going to buy is a much bigger issue.

Pjanic is probably one of the top playmakers, Bentacur might be good enough in a few years, but for now ????

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Turning down 100M for Pjanic might not be the optimal decision, but what/who are we going to buy is a much bigger issue.

Pjanic is probably one of the top playmakers, Bentacur might be good enough in a few years, but for now ????
Well with out Pjanic and with SMS you can play 4231 with:
Szczesny
Cancelo Benatia Chiellini Sandro
Matuidi Emre
Dybala SMS Costa
Ronaldo

I could understand the point of selling Miralem if we are going to play 2man midfield tbh.

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
LOL. People really believe that SportItalia saying Juve asked for 100m for Pjanic is real, when for the past few weeks Ruganis price went from 40m-55m and his wage went up everytime too. SportItalia seem clueless, and I don't remember a time when Corsport was right either.

- - - Updated - - -

Di Marzio been reporting that we want to keep him and he wants to stay, along with a contract re-newel coming up too. I'd rather believe him.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
whats the sense selling and placing the team in uncertainty which, no doubt will happen with fresh arrivals...are we sure they will perform? sell pjanic and bring in who? and we obviously need to buy first even if we want to sell Pjanic or else prices will go up further as we wouldnt have a strong position in price negotiations for any replacement

May 23, 2013
I don't get the obsession of keeping Pjanic. Yes, he is our best midfielder right now, but turning down 80M (especially 100M) is a no brainer.

He's too metal fragile and disappears in the big games if he makes a couple of mistakes. In all the CL games we have struggled, he has has been one of the lowest performers. Even Allegri has some time ago commented that he needs to improve on keeping cool and stay focused if he makes some mistakes during a game.

Also, he lacks defensive and physical attributes meaning we have to play 3-man midfield which limits only 3 spaces available for Ronaldo, Manbro, Dybi, Berna, DC, Cuads and potentially Pjaca.

However, replacing his creativity in midfield will be difficult, especially as I only see SMS, Pogba and Kovasic (of those rumored to us) on similar level. However, they do also have that physical and defensive ability to allow us to play 4-2-3-1.

In other words, if we could sign one of those by selling Pjanic, it will be 10/10 mercado for me.

If not (Man U not letting Pogba go, SMS still too expensive and Kovasic staying at RM), I would still prefer selling Pjanic, buying a less expensive replacement who is less creative but more physical and defensive present (even Golovin would do, even if he doesn't quite fit that description) while also giving Bentacur more playing time to develop him.
Way overvalued on this forum. I think some posters have ptsd from when he had bad form in his first half season and will rate him as world class no matter what

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Szczesny
Matuidi Emre
Dybala SMS Costa
Ronaldo

I could understand the point of selling Miralem if we are going to play 2man midfield tbh.
Which is basically a 4-3-3 with the central midfielder moved up the field. How would we distribute the ball from the back? Via Chiellini, Benatia, Can and Matuidi? We would be non-existent in the middle.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
I dont really care what happens, I trust M&P on transfers 100%. Loosing Pjanic is a big loss, but a midfield of Can-SMS-Matuidi or Pogba-SMS-Matuidi aint bad at all too.
That's nice but you're not getting SMS and keeping Pjanic should be priority. Pjanic is the most important player for Allegri and selling him would be incredibly stupid. Not to mention that Can - SMS - Matuidi midfield would never work out.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Szczesny
Matuidi Emre
Dybala SMS Costa
Ronaldo

I don't think Ronaldo signed up to play with that midfield tbh

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
U guys are overracting. Im not saying I want Pjanic to leave, just saying that if he does its not the end of the world.
Imo if he leaves its because he pushed for it hinself.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
U guys are overracting. Im not saying I want Pjanic to leave, just saying that if he does its not the end of the world.
Imo if he leaves its because he pushed for it hinself.
Its not but replacing Pjanic with SMS who is not only a one season wonder atm and most importantly is of a completely different profile is not something our management would do. If you're losing Pjanic, you replace him with proven WC quality.

Some people here were 'ok' with Higuain replaced by Morata prior to the Ronaldo signing...Just shows the absurdity of this place at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 249)