Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The man has a point.

Can't we all just agree that regardless of past potential Lemina clearly is never going to be good enough?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
i think all hope died when he started dating that former bitch of Balotelli. football is probably not the most important thing on his mind right now

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Come on zizinho, its pretty obvious that France are the team they are because of that midfield being able to soak up all the pressure in the world. If Sami was french he'd be watching WC from home

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Come on zizinho, its pretty obvious that France are the team they are because of that midfield being able to soak up all the pressure in the world. If Sami was french he'd be watching WC from home
Honestly I don't know. Coaches seem to really rate Khedira.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
what do you think of their 2016 midfield?
Worse due to Pogba crumbling under pressure then, he's twice the player in this tourno. Kante 2018 also > Kante 2016, who also was a very good player, but not there yet, so he didnt play as much

- - - Updated - - -

Mourinho, Ancelotti, Allegri, Low. always played. dont see why Deschamps wouldnt
I think Low regrets playing him this WC, was the Schweiny of this tournament

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Worse due to Pogba crumbling under pressure then, he's twice the player in this tourno. Kante 2018 also > Kante 2016, who also was a very good player, but not there yet, so he didnt play as much

- - - Updated - - -

I think Low regrets playing him this WC
yet, they still reached the final. Matuidi-Pogba-Sissoko was their knock out stage midfield.

and i dont see why Low regrets playing Khedira? if anything, he regrets not having a proper CF, good fullbacks and better wingers

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
yet, they still reached the final. Matuidi-Pogba-Sissoko was their knock out stage midfield.

and i dont see why Low regrets playing Khedira? if anything, he regrets not having a proper CF, good fullbacks and better wingers
Well Germany doesnt have proper CF, but they do have midfielders that can cover for lazy assholes like Kimmich, Khedira was bad this WC, especially against Mexico. Dont get why did they play him again after they won without him

That 2016 team was good, but imo not level with this one

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well Germany doesnt have proper CF, but they do have midfielders that can cover for lazy assholes like Kimmich, Khedira was bad this WC, especially against Mexico. Dont get why did they play him again after they won without him

That 2016 team was good, but imo not level with this one
i dont understand why you quoted me to be honest. my point was that France would be here without Kante as well, replying to those saying they wouldnt and calling him their most important player.

regarding Khedira, did you even watch their games? they barely won on a last minute FK even without him. their problem lied elsewhere, their attack looks toothless for a while now

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
i dont understand why you quoted me to be honest. my point was that France would be here without Kante as well, replying to those saying they wouldnt and calling him their most important player.

regarding Khedira, did you even watch their games? they barely won on a last minute FK even without him. their problem lied elsewhere, their attack looks toothless for a while now
I dont think hes their most important player, no, has to be one of Griez, Mbappe and Pogba, but he is imo the best DM out there, would love to have someone like him in our midfield, tired to see us dominated in mid by the likes of Genoa

And German problem for me seemed that the whole team looked like a bunch of Khediras, the whole team was toothless not just attack

Mar 3, 2014
I know everyone loves to hate on Khedira and he has frustrating aspects of his game. He is slow, hardly noticeable the majority of the time, doesn't tackle a ton, doesn't have flair. He also appears to have less touches on the ball (measured by total passes) than all of our player except for Mandzukic & Higuain (ie: our strikers). Essentially: he lacks any sort of quality that makes him a likeable player wrt style. But in terms of contribution - he did contribute last year. He in 9 goals from midfield & 5 assists.
3 goals out of 9 were tying or go ahead goals. 3 out of 5 assists were tying or go ahead assists. Obviously one was a hattrick. But before that hattrick, the game was tied and we were down a man bc of a red card.

He can definitely be upgraded and is nowhere near the level of the player he replaced (Vidal), but you can't just throw in a bum to replace him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I dont think hes their most important player, no, has to be one of Griez, Mbappe and Pogba, but he is imo the best DM out there, would love to have someone like him in our midfield, tired to see us dominated in mid by the likes of Genoa

And German problem for me seemed that the whole team looked like a bunch of Khediras, the whole team was toothless not just attack
and Kante would change exactly what against the Genoas of the world? is he gonna help Pjanic keep the ball while they chase and press us? is he gonna play forward passes to relieve pressure of the defense? is he gonna dribble the ball forward when Pjanic is marked? please, Kante isnt solving the problem of us not giving a crap in some games, you just gotta live with that as a Juve fan. or you forgot all the games when we had Vidal and Pogba and looked like garbage against these same crap teams? but the easiest thing is to blame that on Khedira, and say i want the newest flavor of the month mid so we stop sucking in those games. lets also ignore games when Khedira is one of our best performers in the CL, because what matters is not getting dominated against Serie A teams, when we show up just because we have to

Germanys problem had everything to do with their attack. they lost 1-0 to Mexico, they won with a last minute FK vs Sweden and LOST TO S. KOREA 2-0. they were attacking constantly but couldnt deliver any decisive chance, scored one goal in 3 matches (FK last minute). they created some half assed chances which Gomez, Muller and the liked bottled, but ultimately, this was far from the 2014 team offensively. even the 2016 team is comfortably better. but sure, lets blame this on Khedira as well

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Germany lost because of general lazy attitude, way too slow and predictable possession and an incredibly awful defence due to nonexistent midfield. They should conceded tons more goals then what they did. Anyone could walk through their midfield and high line defence.

It's super clear Germany improved 2nd game when they played couple of the players who were too awful first game, Khedira chiefly amongst them. Was incredibly odd to re-do the same selection mistakes vs Korea.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Ain't there a WC thread of some description to talk about these fucking national teams that have zero relation to current Juve, considering the one french midfielder we actually own is the one not being mentioned at all.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ain't there a WC thread of some description to talk about these fucking national teams that have zero relation to current Juve, considering the one french midfielder we actually own is the one not being mentioned at all.
That's because he's the worst and it's a miracle he somehow plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)