Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Bad comparison IMO...can't even be in the same argument considering how much more that club is worth than Juve. Will never be close in the foreseeable future.
Take a look at Ajax for example. Because I live in Amsterdam I see this on a daily basis.
People in Amsterdam would love to bring back the glory days of Ajax but its not going to happen.
And why?
Simple, its about money.

Spain and EPL are the most attractive leagues in Europe. It can be play style, superstars etc etc.
The Serie A is always connected to defensive play. And (on average) people don't like to watch that.
So Serie A could be very popular, but not outside of Italy.
So what happens: Serie A is less popular, less views and therefore there is less money.

And then I'm talking about realistic objectives and expectations.
With that in mind, this board is doing a great job in my opinion.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
@Jem83
Let me rephrase it a bit.
Pipita indeed delivered, and his price was overinflated, but he is still a wc striker. It's not that even that transfer was bad, it was wrong for us at that moment.
And of course it's not my money, come on, man.
And I do enjoy him, I support every Juve player except fucking Sturaro.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Than there's a language barrier, I never try to question your lack of love and support.
With love and support there is criticism, more importantly, we need to give criticism as football is all about its supporters who bring in the money.

I'm talking about realistic expectations of Juventus :). I have the feeling that's not the case.
:tup:

Realistic expectations is a galaxy far away for soem members. The ideas of signing a 100+ Milinkovic-Savic is pure :marc:

But the allocations of the capital we have, that's where my criticism begins, but I'll give Marotta the benefit of the doubt since the Mercato is in its early stage, but it's fair to say we haven't improved in two years and that needs to change this summer.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
:tup:

Realistic expectations is a galaxy far away for soem members. The ideas of signing a 100+ Milinkovic-Savic is pure :marc:

But the allocations of the capital we have, that's where my criticism begins, but I'll give Marotta the benefit of the doubt since the Mercato is in its early stage, but it's fair to say we haven't improved in two years and that needs to change this summer.
love this, you've been doing it for years :lol:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Bad comparison IMO...can't even be in the same argument considering how much more that club is worth than Juve. Will never be close in the foreseeable future.
:lol:

I’m talking about players who’ll improve our starting 11 every year. And not spending €50m/ season on bench crappers.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
If a midfielder leaves, Juve will look to sign Cristante | Calciomercato.com

CalcioMercato can exclusively understand that Juventus that will look to sign Bryan Cristante if one of their midfielders leaves this summer.

Cristante has become a wanted commodity at a host of clubs across Europe this summer, thanks to his performances for Atalanta. He appeared 37 times in the Serie A this season, scoring nine times, assisting twice.

CalcioMercato's Fabrizio Romano can exclusively understand that Juve will make a move for Cristante if one of Sami Khedira, Stefano Sturaro or Claudio Marchisio leaves the club.

While Emre Can is joining by the end of this week, Cristante will be a priority in case of a departure and the player is really liked by Fabio Paratici and Beppe Marotta.

Atalanta rate the former Milan man at 30 million euros and Roma too are eyeing a move for the Italian. Juventus will be in the race for Cristante as even Allegri approves of a move for the midfielder.
Whether a midfielder leaves or not we should invest in our midfield no matter what, it is subpar!
I'm honestly starting to thing that Beppe and Co are looking to fill X number of players in each position and aren't all to worried about the quality.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Try replacing him for 50-60 mil. Impossible. So I wouldn't exactly call it a good deal.
We are not gonna replace him 1:1. If we sell him, it's undoubtedly because Allegri don't think he is suited for the 18/19 team ie. Allegri wanna role with a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-4-2 with emphasis on Dybala and wingers.

But no his 16 goals in Serie A won't be hard to replace.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't trust him, I expect the likes of Costa and Bernadeschi to have much bigger roles next season.
i know and they absolutely should. both are assist machines.

now imagine dybala, some cf and a prime vidal arriving in front of goal and being fed by costa and berna. oh fuck. 100 goal season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)