Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What seems to be hurting us a lot, apart from the lack of Italian talent, is the lack of talent in the entire league. In serie A we're on equal grounds even with the richest teams. When we want to buy from Atletico, money talks. But when we're buying from serie A, other things, like business favors, or political favors also play their part. Plus the players in serie A still see Juve as a huge team.
Imagine if Real sold Higuain to Tottenham instead of Napoli, if Dybala started for Osasuna instead of Palermo, or if Pjanic played for Dortmund instead of Roma. How many of you think that they would have ended up in Juventus? But right now, apart from the lack of Pirlos, Baggios and Nestas, I don't see a Dybala, Alexis Sanchez, Cavani, Higuain, Pjanic.
A jack-pot like Pogba happens once in 5 or 10 years. But if serie A has genuine talent, then every year Juve would be in position to pick the best, and most of the times get the best. Unfortunately, this talent is almost non-existent. Add the lack of Italian talent and the fact that we don't have the financial muscles of the richest in Europe, and we're indeed in tricky position.
This being said, I still think that no matter what Lottito is saying publicly or how our relation with him looks like, we should try for Milinkovic-Savic.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
What seems to be hurting us a lot, apart from the lack of Italian talent, is the lack of talent in the entire league. In serie A we're on equal grounds even with the richest teams. When we want to buy from Atletico, money talks. But when we're buying from serie A, other things, like business favors, or political favors also play their part. Plus the players in serie A still see Juve as a huge team.
Imagine if Real sold Higuain to Tottenham instead of Napoli, if Dybala started for Osasuna instead of Palermo, or if Pjanic played for Dortmund instead of Roma. How many of you think that they would have ended up in Juventus? But right now, apart from the lack of Pirlos, Baggios and Nestas, I don't see a Dybala, Alexis Sanchez, Cavani, Higuain, Pjanic.
A jack-pot like Pogba happens once in 5 or 10 years. But if serie A has genuine talent, then every year Juve would be in position to pick the best, and most of the times get the best. Unfortunately, this talent is almost non-existent. Add the lack of Italian talent and the fact that we don't have the financial muscles of the richest in Europe, and we're indeed in tricky position.
This being said, I still think that no matter what Lottito is saying publicly or how our relation with him looks like, we should try for Milinkovic-Savic.
We can imagine a lot of things but this is not reality.

Italian talent is there, maybe not as much as spain france and germany but this is because italian teams trust more on their veterans than their young players. The only team i see that they are putting faith on their youth players is AC Milan. In a few years time the italian national side core will be made of these AC milan players, Donnarumma, Calabria, Romagnoli, Crutone, Locatelli ....

- - - Updated - - -

If we buy him without a buy-back option :boss:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The only team i see that they are putting faith on their youth players is AC Milan. In a few years time the italian national side core will be made of these AC milan players, Donnarumma, Calabria, Romagnoli, Crutone, Locatelli ....
...and Italy will fail to make the world cup again.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
:tup:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
probably.

- - - Updated - - -

The reincarnation of arturo vidal. hopefully we get him instead of napoli.
Dont think he is the "next Vidal" but yeah We should sell Sturaro and get him instead..
I`d say I`d like us to get Allan but he will cost at least double his worth.. Everytime I see Napoli play 3 players stand out - Allan Hamsik Insigne (yeah I know Mertens scores but I honestly think that many players can do the same as Mertens if they play instead of him..

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Isn't Ramsey a different type of player to Can? I Hope we don't have another summer of getting whoever's available to us, to decide after how we'll for them together
He's more Marchisio type. The Marchisio pre-2014 who played B2B and regularly made runs into the box.

BS rumor tho. Posted just for the sake of it.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
We already have our own torreira. --> Mandragora; haven't watched him, but his stats (I know) look really really good, they are pretty much the same as torreira's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)