Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
its explained here:
http://blog.fieldoo.com/2017/02/can-you-get-a-club-if-the-transfer-window-is-closed/
basically:
A player who has mutually agreed with his club on the early termination of the employment relationship before the expiry of the transfer window also falls under this exception and can search for a new club during the season.
and this is why Marchisio was released before the window closed:
If a player is released from their club when the transfer window is closed, they cannot sign for another team until the window reopens as well. A notable case of this being Sol Campbell who in September 2009 was released from Notts County, just after a month from signing on a free transfer. He signed for his former club Arsenal in January 2010, after spending a few months training with the team to maintain his fitness.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 3, 2014

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
That’s the same footballer federation. Does that apply to international movement too? Because Giovinco terminated his contract on February 2nd and then joined TFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think its the same for all UEFA clubs. MLS is a different thing since they are not under UEFA.
Well the time of this termination might mean that Claudio is not actually going to MLS but rather some club in Europe.

Mar 3, 2014
I think its the same for all UEFA clubs. MLS is a different thing since they are not under UEFA.
Well the time of this termination might mean that Claudio is not actually going to MLS but rather some club in Europe.
Being the team lawyer must be such a headache, getting a grasp of all these nuisances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
y, if he was going to MLS, surely he'd left at the start of the summer, their season is March-December(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)