Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Actually he has a point. We had a Milan like mercato this year except increasing quality on the flanks. Both Bonucci and Alves left. 2 downgrade. Still can't sign a DM.
Now that I think about it this is a very Meelan like mercato where Galliani would try to appease angry fans with a shit ton of washed up flair and fancy superstars from Dinho to Binho to Beckham. But was still shite.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
This team this year will be no better than the one that got exposed like the children we were a couple months ago. We. Need. A. CL QUALITY. Midfielder. Khedira-pjanic sure may work in a weak serie a vs crotone, but madrid showed us how weak our middle is...
Especially that they were 2 against 3 in the middle, with half of them injured plus two of the supporting players also injured.

With the players we got up front who knows what formation Juve could play in madrid type of games. I think that 4 3 3 is quite possible with the player in our squad.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Actually he has a point. We had a Milan like mercato this year except increasing quality on the flanks. Both Bonucci and Alves left. 2 downgrade. Still can't sign a DM.
You debunked almost all of his options and then said he has a point.

Mercato isn't over yet. I know everyone wants €60m or €80m players each summer but we don't operate like that. Yes I know, very "unambitious".

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Thiago Alcantara is impossible to get.
Same goes for Kroos.
Saul if l'm not mistaken he has a 150 m euros clause.
Fabinho PSG bound. so forget him.
Milinkovic Savic and Strootman are the best options we can get, After them, Mautidi or N'zonzi.

- - - Updated - - -

thx for telling me cause I didn't know.
I Just wish that as we are a europhean behemot right now we'd focus on that kind of quality instead of second rated one.
And I also agree that Strootman and Milnkovic-Savic are our best options right now.

Apr 19, 2007
Can we abe a little bit fair and not judge our entire team based on if its as good as Madrids. They have won 3 of the last 4 Champions leagues and two in a row. Lets focus on making our team better than it was the previous year. We were the second best in Europe last season and thats hard to argue. Maybe Bayern were close but we thumped Barca in both games. Our biggest issue was our ability to make changes up top and also have players that can break down the oppostion on the flanks to get us out of pressure. Alves was a hell of a player but couldnt do this and Cuads wasnt good enough. We have struggled with this for years now and cant break out of pressure when people pin us back.

Hopefully these signings help but no player could have stopped that pressure from the Madrid pressure. Not Pogba,Matic,etc

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
You debunked almost all of his options and then said he has a point.

Mercato isn't over yet. I know everyone wants €60m or €80m players each summer but we don't operate like that. Yes I know, very "unambitious".
the problem mate is that after our best season (economically speaking) where we made huge cash to spent we made this mercato:

IN:
Bernardeschi 40m
Cuadrado (riscatto) 20m
Benatia (riscatto) 17m
Scznyn 12,2m
De Sciglio 12m
Costa (Loan) 6m
Betancur 10,5m
Del Fabro 4,5m

OUT:
Bonucci 42m
Coman (riscatto Bayern) 21m
Lemina 17m
Zaza 16m (riscatto Valencia)
Romagna 7,6m
Cassata 7m
Neto 6m
Rincon (loan) 3m +6
Ganz-Pasquato-Marzouk 3,2m

So far we made profit and didn't spent a cent of what we earned this year and we still need a good CM and good RB.
It's almost 15 of august with just 15days left and still to save some penny we miss 1 starter and at least a GOOD rotational player.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Marotta said there could be a meeting for Keita after tonight and that a great CM will arrive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It's gonna be Matuidi at best lol. Taking PSGs 30 year old scraps :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Nah any mercato that ends with us starting the season with Barzagli with RB is at least a 9 surely.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Am I the only one not worried about the CM position? Our management work with the players every day, so they have a clear idea about Marchisio's fitness and have seen Bentancur up close.

If they feel Marchisio is going to be fit then that's a massive positive. There's no one on the market who comes close to him, and he'd bench Khedira. I know his injury is worrying, but they know more about whether he's regained fitness than we do.

It also seems they rate Bentancur, and are willing to give him a chance. That would give plenty of cover.

I'm more concerned about RB and CB, but even then not too much. The reason Dani Alves was so important to us was because of our lack of depth at right wing and Cuadrado's loss of form. Now that we're covered there we can get by with a more defensive RB, and give DS and Spinazzola a chance to prove themselves. Not ideal, but Cancelo doesn't seem to be a definitive upgrade, more of a question mark.

At CB I'm more worried about cover in case of injury. As far as it goes Rugani's lack of CL experience doesn't phase me - he's only going to get CL experience by playing and I'd rather he got it now before Caldara arrives otherwise we'll have two young CB's who need to gain CL experience, with even less reliable back up.
Look at us now, all you have to do is press or put pressure in midfield to at least a competent degree and we look like shit. Yes, first game of the season but regardless, this is sad.

Yes, Marchisio healthy is a HUGE addition, but he's going to need to rest, no? Who will step in then? What if, God forbid, he gets injured again before an important match? Back to square one. Bentancur I know pretty much nothing about, but is he not more similar to Pjanic?

.jef.

May 25, 2017
Look at us now, all you have to do is press or put pressure in midfield to at least a competent degree and we look like shit. Yes, first game of the season but regardless, this is sad.

Yes, Marchisio healthy is a HUGE addition, but he's going to need to rest, no? Who will step in then? What if, God forbid, he gets injured again before an important match? Back to square one. Bentancur I know pretty much nothing about, but is he not more similar to Pjanic?
Lol, there's no way I can give you a reasonable answer to that while watching this sh!t show.

Pretty hard to pick out one area we're weak though....

Defence looks awful. Attack not much better. What midfield?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Thats all fine and good but we need a quality RB. Even if we get the Matuidis and Nzonzis and Keitas. Badly need a proper RB who is not unreliable like DSC or old like Licht or not fullback like Barza.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Lol, there's no way I can give you a reasonable answer to that while watching this sh!t show.

Pretty hard to pick out one area we're weak though....

Defence looks awful. Attack not much better. What midfield?
The attack will not be our starting attack, so I'm not looking into it too much. Defense I am worried about as well, but we may end up seeing De Sciglio and Rugani as starters after a few weeks too. But the midfield, these are the same issues we're seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)