Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We had signed him then the failed medical messed it up
Roma and Inter knew all of that better than us. Seeing them bid for him only means he's fully recovered.

The reason we stepped back imo is because we changed our plans and opted to buy a defender and a mid. Or we just planned to get Keita next year which means we don't need him.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Roma and Inter knew all of that better than us. Seeing them bid for him only means he's fully recovered.

The reason we stepped back imo is because we changed our plans and opted to buy a defender and a mid. Or we just planned to get Keita next year which means we don't need him.
I think we were apprehensive we wanted to change the deal keeping in mind his heart condition

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
What about Howedes? Do you rate him? What are the reports in German press on this possible transfer?
There was a time long time ago, where I thought he would be a Bayern player some day, but over the years his performances have been ordinary. He is a solid CB, but more in the old school mood with relatively good header and tackling. He doesnt have extraordinary strengths, but same applies for his weaknesses..not great, but also not bad.

He is a very grounded and loyal lad with great character always thinking about the team 1st though. Maybe within the right setup he could show more consistency, as Schalke have not been easy to handle, so I wouldnt rule out him being successful at a club of the stature of Juve.

I read about the 5m€ storys, but thats hard to believe..sounds like a bad joke. The 20m€ reports sound more plausible and I would like to see this deal going through. Germany have produced an impressive amount of very good CB's over the last years, so he really has to fight to keep a place in the N11. Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Tah, Mustafi, Rüdiger, Ginter, Kempf, Kehrer, Orban..the player I would be after would be Stark from Hertha though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)