Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (70 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
2021–22 Premier League 22
2022–23 Premier League 24
2023–24 Premier League 21

I mean, that's not that bad. That's actually one more league appearance more than Chiesa the last three years. :seven:
Deceiving stat, 21 games but he played 1300 minutes, which is very poor. 1800 and 1900 minutes the previous two seasons also, which isn't great.

Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
dont fool yourself, Varane's contract at Utd was 18m punds groos per year, which is about 21m eur per year. For us he would have to take like 50 % paycut at least to be cheap. He is joining Saudi.
Besides he is washed up, already achieved everything at club level and probably wont care.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Deceiving stat, 21 games but he played 1300 minutes, which is very poor. 1800 and 1900 minutes the previous two seasons also, which isn't great.
Yeah, it's not. It also seemed like the "coach" kept him on the bench a lot this year for whatever reason.

Varane's fitness can be questioned, but there's no doubt he is one of the best CB's of the last 15 years.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, here is a Gudmundsson video I saw. He does look like a crafty and quick player who can play both wings and striker. Seems like a good move for a decent price or player exchange.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way what does @Albertmare think of this Albert?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’m a big fan of Gudmundsson, and he can play a lot of different positions up front. He would fit Motta’s system. I would like Vlahovic’ backup to not be a lumbering guy like Milik, but rather someone more dynamic like Gudmundsson, especially if Motta is gonna be running the same system as he has at Bologna.

the biggest question mark for the mercato remains midfield. It might be a complete overhaul because right now the only two players that I see staying are Locatelli and Fagioli. Rabiot, McKennie, Miretti, Hans, and Alcaraz. We can argue their quality, but that’s quite a few dudes they’ll have to replace, especially when you consider how many competitions they’ll be in next season. They’ll need at least 4 replacements should all those guys leave. I’m hoping they can get both Thuram and Koopmeiners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 45)