Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (68 Viewers)

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
I think Amrabat would be a very wise purchase as an undervalued midfield destroyer 'alla vidal' type of player. I've always fancied him and I think his tenure at Man Utd didn't do him justice, he could slot back into the Italian league comfortably and give us some much needed strength in the middle should we need to replace Rabiot or have depth within the squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think Amrabat would be a very wise purchase as an undervalued midfield destroyer 'alla vidal' type of player. I've always fancied him and I think his tenure at Man Utd didn't do him justice, he could slot back into the Italian league comfortably and give us some much needed strength in the middle should we need to replace Rabiot or have depth within the squad.
i like him but i prefer fabian

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't think i've ever know a club that change 15 first squad player in a mercato.
Yes we can if we skip the negotiation part and accept whatever the counterpart ask. It's unachievable task.
Even 10 player is a hard task
of course changing 15 players is not realistic, but he said that we'd need 6 starters to be competitive for the scudetto, and that's probably more accurate than some tuzzer's "we should challenge for the scudetto with this squad" nonsense

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
What’s more likely the entire roster forgot how to play or the manager is just clueless? Its not 100% Allegris fault, the squad has holes, but this idea that they all need to be replaced, not only is that unlikely, but also unrealistic.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
how many of our players would start for inda?
Probably Bremer, Vlahovic, Chiesa. Maybe Rabiot, Danilo, and Cambiaso.

If the only thing that matters is squad then why did Leverkusen win Bundesliga, why is Arsenal giving City a run for their money while Chelsea is like 10th, et cetera.

Saying the squad needs 6 new starting eleven players implies that only 5 players are good enough for Juventus. So which one of the 6 players above would you let go and who would you replace them with?

Saying the entire squad needs 15 new players to be competitive again is both the dumbest and unrealistic thing I have heard this entire year regarding transfer news.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Probably Bremer, Vlahovic, Chiesa. Maybe Rabiot, Danilo, and Cambiaso.

If the only thing that matters is squad then why did Leverkusen win Bundesliga, why is Arsenal giving City a run for their money while Chelsea is like 10th, et cetera.

Saying the squad needs 6 new starting eleven players implies that only 5 players are good enough for Juventus...
my thoughts exactly. we don't have the starting 11 to compete with inda, and the same goes for our bench too. disagree on danilo though, he fell off the cliff this year

there's not a single coach who would guarantee to make this squad compete for the scudetto. we might get lucky with someone, something could click, but that would require a miracle. the quality isn't there

if "probably" only bremer, vlahovic and chiesa would start for inda, it means that they belong to a scudetto worthy squad. the others don't. simple :boh:

i'd like to be proven wrong by motta, but if i had to bet, i'd say that we'll have the same conversations next february/march. some will call motta an other fraud, some will say that pirlo/sarri would have deserved to stay, some will say that any proper coach could make this team dominate this shitty league, and i'll probably stick with my "fix the squad" mantra

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
my thoughts exactly. we don't have the starting 11 to compete with inda, and the same goes for our bench too. disagree on danilo though, he fell off the cliff this year

there's not a single coach who would guarantee to make this squad compete for the scudetto. we might get lucky with someone, something could click, but that would require a miracle. the quality isn't there

if "probably" only bremer, vlahovic and chiesa would start for inda, it means that they belong to a scudetto worthy squad. the others don't. simple :boh:

i'd like to be proven wrong by motta, but if i had to bet, i'd say that we'll have the same conversations next february/march. some will call motta an other fraud, some will say that pirlo/sarri would have deserved to stay, some will say that any proper coach could make this team dominate this shitty league, and i'll probably stick with my "fix the squad" mantra
So basically you don't think the coach really matters.

Keep in mind that's still a reason to get rid of Allegri since he's expensive.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So basically you don't think the coach really matters...
that's not even remotely close to what i said

coaches matter but they aren't miracle makers. at least most of them aren't. what xabi alonso is doing is truly remarkable. it doesn't mean that "any decent coach" could repeat it with a squad full of danilo's, gatti's, weah's and locatelli's

and yes, mauro is fully right, this squad needs 5-6 quality starters to confidently challenge for the title next season. and yes, i could easily find 15 players in this squad whom i could get rid of without missing either of them

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

coaches matter but they aren't miracle makers. at least most of them aren't. what xabi alonso is doing is truly remarkable. it doesn't mean that "any decent coach" could repeat it with a squad full of danilo's, gatti's, weah's and locatelli's

and yes, mauro is fully right, this squad needs 5-6 quality starters to confidently challenge for the title next season. and yes, i could easily find 15 players in this squad whom i could get rid of without missing either of them
Nope, that's basically what you are insinuating. If the squad needs 15 new players then the coach has done everything he could with them (even though most players have regressed under Allegri) And we're basically the same as Bologna right now.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007

Allegri plays De Sciglio when fit, hopes for 10 goals a season from Rabiot/McKennie. He might have asked for Kean also or atleast signed off on it before it was finalized. He preferred Gatti over Huijsen. He thinks Chiesa is a 15/20 goals players, so he should play closer to goal instead of playing as winger.

Some of his ideas about players are way off. Even if he planned this season with Pogba and Fagioli available to him, I doubt it would have been much better. Other top successful managers seem to have better idea about players and provide better input for recruitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 43)