Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (33 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
did not watch di gregorio but i am not optimistic considering he is already 27 and stuck at monza. serious question: how much is the difference between him and perin? does it worth 20 million considering the broke ass club?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
did not watch di gregorio but i am not optimistic considering he is already 27 and stuck at monza. serious question: how much is the difference between him and perin? does it worth 20 million considering the broke ass club?
probably Perin replacement only. do we really believe he is worth more than 15m?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
If Di Gregorio is the the guy then he's the guy. Replacing Perin for one year is a good idea, one more year of Tek especially with how many games we'll have.

I still think it should be Carnesecchi, he's so fucking good already.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
The club wanted to cut Teks wages. He declined. Now they're going after a new goalkeeper. It could be a replacement for Perin. But DiGregorio could also be a new #1 if they can find a deal to sell Tek

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's a fair point re Perin and paying money we seemingly don't have. I wouldn't be concerned re age as he's 26-soon to be 27 and that's nothing for a keeper as he could play for 10 years. I treat them as a weird, separate species to outfield players.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
probably Perin replacement only. do we really believe he is worth more than 15m?
he is, hes been one of the better keepers in the league and has been strong in pretty much all aspects of the game. Remember Tek was around the same age when he moved to Juve to be Buffons backup and eventual successor.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah age is last thing to worry about goalies. Only competence. Their peak is later usually later then outfield players and they last longer.

Likes of Donnarumma is the exception for goalies not the norm, being a top player at a top club from very young age. The usual is more like Vicario, who moved from small club to Tottenham last summer same age meth head De Rossi is at now.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
how is Di Gregorio dealing with conrners and crosses generally though? I hate GKs who just stay and wait what will happen (like Donnarumma) and I hope if we aim at one, he can come for crosses.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Highlights can make anyone look good but some of these saves….

not only highlights make him good, he's the goalie who has the biggest difference between conceded goals and xg's against him. he's also number 2 in the same metric across big5 leagues behind donnarumma. also 3rd highest save % across big5 leagues behind donnarumma and sommer

1714144651593.png

1714144616879.png

and he's been pretty good in serie b too, he's had a save% over 77% in 3 out of the last 4 seasons. tek had 2 seasons over 77% throughout his career, and a few others which weren't much worse, so normally we shouldn't experience too much of a drop in quality:

1714145264988.png

and of course di gregorio is yet to play one single big stake game in his career, so this would be a huge test of character for him. but the basics are surely covered.

and i don't even want him because of his eternal love for handanovic lol. he's clearly an inferior player to buffon, you really have to be an interista to put him ahead of gigi

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
So to understand… some people don’t want Di Gregorio because he is a interista, but are ok with us been coach by Tiago Motta?

:boh:
Motta played like 3 years at Inter and his youth club was apparently some Juventus SP in Brazil :shifty: I still have my doubts whether he’ll actually come but he’s far less Intersti than Di Gregorio who has been anti-Juve all his life. Di Gregorio coming would been more surprising, especially when Inter would need a new keeper in a year or 2.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
So to understand… some people don’t want Di Gregorio because he is a interista, but are ok with us been coach by Tiago Motta?

:boh:
di Gregorio came up in inters system so what if he spoke favorably about one of their players that he probably had some personal experiences with? He didn’t even look that serious during the video when he said it.

Anyways, inter also deemed him not good enough and constantly loaned him away. Wonder how much love he still has for them now. Either way, this shouldn’t even be a debate unless you think he’s gonna throw games against them or something similarly dumb.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Motta played like 3 years at Inter and his youth club was apparently some Juventus SP in Brazil :shifty: I still have my doubts whether he’ll actually come but he’s far less Intersti than Di Gregorio who has been anti-Juve all his life. Di Gregorio coming would been more surprising, especially when Inter would need a new keeper in a year or 2.
So it all depends on the "level of interisti"... if the person has played only 3 years with Inter, we are ok with it... I see

:shifty:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So it all depends on the "level of interisti"... if the person has played only 3 years with Inter, we are ok with it... I see

:shifty:

It doesn't matter aslong as they professionals. Pirlo Inter player as youngster but Milan and Juve legend. Bonucci inter youth player key top Juve career. Maldini juve fan as kid 24 years as Milan GOAT etc.

Coaches don't even matter where they played or coached aslong as as they don't burn bridges with extra behaviour or comments (to my knowledge only Conte has done in recent years).

No one cares Chiellini Milan fan or Buffon Genoa fan aslong as they are juve legends as players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 18)