Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (99 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
On the basis that rabiot goes, I recon we will sign 3 midfielders this summer, I recon Soule will fund a large portion of that revolution, If Bremer goes we will sign another CB asides from Calafiori.
I doubt that we’ll sell the top young guns. I understand the plusvalenza on the balance sheet but I don’t think that going for sustainability and using the youth has changed, unless a mega offer arrives.

Besides that let’s not forget that there’s a huge list of potential U23 sells that we tend to neglect in our calculations here: De Winter (8m), Barbieri, Nicolussi, Ake, Frabotta, Barrenechea, Kaio, Ranocchia (4m), Facundo, Compagnon, Turicchia, Muharemovic, Correia, Sekulov. I rather have us squeezing here a bit rather than sacrificing Soule.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If we sign him either Vlahovic or Bremer will be sacrificed.

The interesting part is that Vlahovic and Zirkzee could coexist together, I think they would compliment each other pretty well, flanked by Chiesa and Soule. Yildiz and Anderson as subs.

If it requires such dire sacrifice, then solution is simple. Don't sign Zirkzee and keep Vlahovic.

If you want SS/AM behind Vlahovic just use Yildiz.

Jun 16, 2020
If it requires such dire sacrifice, then solution is simple. Don't sign Zirkzee and keep Vlahovic.

If you want SS/AM behind Vlahovic just use Yildiz.
If Vlahovic sings a new contract, because the 30m he costs per year is objectively too much. And it’s not that I dislike him, he just weighs a lot on the balance sheet. Extending Chiesa will make some room too of course.

Im somewhat positive for our odds on the transfermarkt. Sandro’s 11m per year away, Pogba 10m, Rabiot 10m, Arthur might finally be sold, his amortisation should be low now and he played a full season, others like Kean, De Sciglio, Milik, Kostic etc won’t make us rich but in total will free up a lot of space.

Overal it’s more about managing the balance sheets as everyone pays transfers over a number of years rather than a calculation where we make a net profit or loss on transfers.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I doubt that we’ll sell the top young guns. I understand the plusvalenza on the balance sheet but I don’t think that going for sustainability and using the youth has changed, unless a mega offer arrives.

Besides that let’s not forget that there’s a huge list of potential U23 sells that we tend to neglect in our calculations here: De Winter (8m), Barbieri, Nicolussi, Ake, Frabotta, Barrenechea, Kaio, Ranocchia (4m), Facundo, Compagnon, Turicchia, Muharemovic, Correia, Sekulov. I rather have us squeezing here a bit rather than sacrificing Soule.
Of all those names we'll be lucky to get 25 mill for them all. Ranocchia was already sold in January to fund Djalo btw. I wouldn't put it past this club to sell Soule and iling to say the least.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Of all those names we'll be lucky to get 25 mill for them all. Ranocchia was already sold in January to fund Djalo btw. I wouldn't put it past this club to sell Soule and iling to say the least.
Eh, there's more than 25m in the collection of De Winter, Nicolussi, Ake, Barrenechea, Kaio, Facundo, Sekulov, and Correia. I'd argue there's probably 25m in Barrenechea, Nicolussi, and Facundo.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Eh, there's more than 25m in the collection of De Winter, Nicolussi, Ake, Barrenechea, Kaio, Facundo, Sekulov, and Correia. I'd argue there's probably 25m in Barrenechea, Nicolussi, and Facundo.
Barrenechea would barely go for anything more than 8 at a push. Nicolussi would go for about 5 at best, facundo not that much either. And thats without even finding enough interest to stump up the cash. Chances are the clubs interested in these sort of players are poor.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus is in talks with McKennie’s entourage for a contract extension but as of today, the parties are still far apart due to demand of his agent for a substantial wage hike. In case of no agreement, he would be put on the market.In recent weeks, there have been inquiries from clubs outside Europe. [@MatteMoretto)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Wouldn’t that be more or less what we’d receive for Soule? I certainly don’t expect 50m for him
At least there is genuine interest in soule from clubs with money that would more like pay what we want than those players you mentioned who probably have next to 0 interest or from clubs who aren't willing to pay what we might want for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus is in talks with McKennie’s entourage for a contract extension but as of today, the parties are still far apart due to demand of his agent for a substantial wage hike. In case of no agreement, he would be put on the market.In recent weeks, there have been inquiries from clubs outside Europe. [@MatteMoretto)
Sell him whilst his stock is high. There won't ever be a better time to sell him

Jun 16, 2020
At least there is genuine interest in soule from clubs with money that would more like pay what we want than those players you mentioned who probably have next to 0 interest or from clubs who aren't willing to pay what we might want for them.
So because he’s easy to sell we should sacrifice him instead of a bunch of players we most likely won’t use?

- - - Updated - - -

https://x.com/_morik92_/status/1778703182442401864?s=46

Last edited:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
He will be.

He’s off contract at the end of the season with Bologna, there’s been rumours about him signing since the end of last season and he seems exactly like the sort of profile Giuntoli would like to work with.

I don’t want to see a coach who plays a fucking back 3 ever again. Sick to fucking death of that garbage. That’s why I’m looking forward to what Motta can bring to the table. 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 all about high pressing and movement from our players. Sign me up.
Reading this post got me actual so excited to see what can be made of literally all our players under a new coach. Remember when Conte came in and suddenly Pepe and Barzagli were key players? And Krasic was put in the bin.

Who knows who we have now who is actually brilliant, and who is actually shite. Can't wait to find out

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Overall not a bad idea and a cheaper road moving forward given our limited budget.
I have only seen Dorgu once so I leave the judgement to others. I am also a fantastically poor scout/judge of players. So my following criticism should be taken with a pinch of salt, or a bunchload.
Whenever I've seen Anderson this year he has been either a winger or a wingback and looked really poor but it could by chance since I never have the time to watch full games (I see bits and parts when my kids allow me to). During the derby last weekend he was a wingback and offered nothing in either direction whenever I was watching. He is free, but if he adds nothing we might as well play some youngster of our own.
I prefer Chiesa as a RW because he is more dangerous there since his shooting is abysmal. In a CL game I'd rather let Yildiz be LW and let him drift inside and have an attack LB and mezzela to help occupy the flank.
Soule doesn't seem to ready to be a starter. One year ago I would laugh at the idea, and he has exploded since. He may become really good but he is a bit inconsistent (as expected) and I am not sure he will be ready next year. And I would be scared if Anderson would be the starter instead.
Martial is the definition of inconsistency. Has two games every year when he is WC and then goes back to his usual self or is out with injury. He is also expensive even if he comes for free. I'd even prefer Milik or Kean if those are the alternatives.
Who would be the starters in that midfield trio? I see Fagioli as the only natural regista and the rest are B2B midfielders (from my understanding). Would be nice with a more creative player in there.

I can only give my opinions, I have no solutions of my own. Yes, I am that bore.

i see anderson as just a 4th choice winger. super sub

Chiesa Rw is good, theres is no rules but we need 4 good wingers if we want to play 4231 433

Soule being ready dosnt matter, we are not manchester city where we can afford ready made products but we need to give our Next Gen a chance, such as soule or huijsen. They will become ready one day. We need to have competition in those positions because the youngsters will motivate and will be motivate for competition

Martial is just a free agent thats why i said it. we just need a CF that can score goals when required.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So because he’s easy to sell we should sacrifice him instead of a bunch of players we most likely won’t use?

- - - Updated - - -

https://x.com/_morik92_/status/1778703182442401864?s=46
Those bunch of players that hardly have any interest and unlikely to stump up the money yes! We can ill afford to spend all summer trying and i stress the word try to sell a load of players when we need to move fast ourselves.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Luis Alberto just said that he wants to be sold and he is out of Lazio… since we are after Lazio rejects
F.Anderson - Just another player on a free transfer
L.Alberto is different - If we can get him for a nice fee - We should! and thats even though he is 31 and a bit past his prime.
He is a creative player and we dont have these on our team.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If we sign him either Vlahovic or Bremer will be sacrificed.

The interesting part is that Vlahovic and Zirkzee could coexist together, I think they would compliment each other pretty well, flanked by Chiesa and Soule. Yildiz and Anderson as subs.
Imo Anderson will be our starter next season. Maybe not always but I expect more than 2000 minutes from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 30, Guests: 65)