Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (47 Viewers)

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
€40M on a 29 year old..

These are the kind of 'investments' JJ should avoid. Let the EPL or Saudi's have him.
Only super rich clubs can afford to sign players with no resell value. Anyone over the age of say 27 will be hard to get a resell value on simply because most careers are downhill after the age of 30. These players need to be really cheap in signing fees for our club to sign them. We can get players entering their prime for €40m

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Last I checked Di Gregorio was having a very good season. Guess I'll have to bow to Turk's superior knowledge.

If Vicario was still in Serie A I suppose he'd be Verminio, Vomitio or something hilariously creative if we were linked.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Let's just buy all the best Serie A players that we can afford, like Chiesa, Bremer, Cambiaso, Vlahovic, Locatelli etc. Despite the latter two being inconsistent, these kinds of signings have been quite successful in recent years. This also applies to Inter (Barella, Bastoni, Calhanoglou, Dimarco etc).

Jul 2, 2006
Last I checked Di Gregorio was having a very good season. Guess I'll have to bow to Turk's superior knowledge.

If Vicario was still in Serie A I suppose he'd be Verminio, Vomitio or something hilariously creative if we were linked.
Kid you bought a year ago for 14 million is struggling to find a place in your demoted club? Take that 60 million. 26 years old goalkeeper nobody heard of having a good season with Monza? Take that 20 million, so when it comes to buying proper players, i can blame my failures on club's lack of funds.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Why reply, there's NO chance he even heard about let alone seen him before this tweet named him and shown a pic.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like De Rossi on meth.

He reminds me of a character in Gomorra. But forgot his name lol

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Tbf, no names like Vicario have done pretty well at Spurs since joining. Serie A talents are always a bit hit and miss. Unfortunately we just haven't been lucky (or rather they haven't been lucky in the sense that they have to play under a terrorist).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Tbf, no names like Vicario have done pretty well at Spurs since joining. Serie A talents are always a bit hit and miss. Unfortunately we just haven't been lucky (or rather they haven't been lucky in the sense that they have to play under a terrorist).
True, also keepers are a different species to outfield players, finding a top one is like gold. He's an interesting option for sure. We're also linked to Carnesecchi again.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Kid you bought a year ago for 14 million is struggling to find a place in your demoted club? Take that 60 million. 26 years old goalkeeper nobody heard of having a good season with Monza? Take that 20 million, so when it comes to buying proper players, i can blame my failures on club's lack of funds.
You still don't understand that values are subjective.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
True, also keepers are a different species to outfield players, finding a top one is like gold. He's an interesting option for sure. We're also linked to Carnesecci again.
I'm not so convinced by Carnesecci, he looks raw still. Maybe @Scottish can vouch for him as he has been paying close attention to his development, but so far Di Gregorio has been the more impressive of the two imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 27)