Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (97 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Wasn't meant to be answered, since I agree with the purpose of the question. I consider all 3 seasons since he returned as difficult times and a total failure.
I don't consider qualifying for the CL in difficult times as total failure and nobody actually should with this squad imho. The big negative is playing style, result wise it's a different matter.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't consider qualifying for the CL in difficult times as total failure and nobody actually should with this squad imho. The big negative is playing style, result wise it's a different matter.

Trophyless 3 seasons in a row is a total failure for Juventus.

Fuck just settling for CL qualification. One season of that can be excused. Not 3.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don't consider qualifying for the CL in difficult times as total failure and nobody actually should with this squad imho. The only negative is playing style, result wise it's a different matter.
The expectations with which he came in and what what level we have been reduced to under him in 3 years is enough to suggest he's been an abject failure. A complete joke of a coach and a shadow of his former self.

No point throating him and making excuses for him anymore. Just give it up. He will be leaving this club in a mess.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
The expectations with which he came in and what what level we have been reduced to under him in 3 years is enough to suggest he's been an abject failure. A complete joke of a coach and a shadow of his former self.

No point throating him and making excuses for him anymore. Just give it up. He will be leaving this club in a mess.
I know many fans had and have completely unrealistic expectations. That changes little to nothing about what could actually be achieved with everything that went down.

I'm not throating at all. I want him out but I'm realistic in dark contrast to both the haters and throaters imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Trophyless 3 seasons in a row is a total failure for Juventus.

Fuck just settling for CL qualification. One season of that can be excused. Not 3.
Settling is a totally different mindset. We'll never settle for just that. But deep down we all know the club could and can only win a consoling Coppa at best.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
My expectation for Juventus in recent years.
  • Qualify for top 4 every year. Always.
  • Strong whole hearted performances in CL and advancement from group stage. Always
  • Coppa Italia Semi finals
  • Introduce younger players every year
  • Develop a style / become more dominant on the pitch year over year

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I know many fans had and have completely unrealistic expectations. That changes little to nothing about what could actually be achieved with everything that went down.

I'm not throating at all. I want him out but I'm realistic in dark contrast to both the haters and throaters imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Settling is a totally different mindset. We'll never settle for just that. But deep down we all know the club could and can only win a consoling Coppa at best.
It's not an unrealistic expectation for a club that has won 9 league titles in a row to be challenging for the title or at least be in contention which we have been nowhere near for the last 3 years. There is zero improvement in terms of results, football, player development etc.

Unfortunately you are not in between. This is typical throater talk who have constantly moved goalposts in the last 3 seasons. The expectations have changed now because of the damage caused in the last 3 years. Allegro and the management have reduced this club to mid-table stature which has caused fans to tone down expectations.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It's not an unrealistic expectation for a club that has won 9 league titles in a row to be challenging for the title or at least be in contention which we have been nowhere near for the last 3 years. There is zero improvement in terms of results, football, player development etc.

Unfortunately you are not in between. This is typical throater talk who have constantly moved goalposts in the last 3 seasons. The expectations have changed now because of the damage caused in the last 3 years. Allegro and the management have reduced this club to mid-table stature which has caused fans to tone down expectations.
That was not the case when Allegri came back? Pirlo won a Coppa and we were already in a free fall. Add a total financial collapse, key injuries, doped players, gambling players and you'll get a more balanced picture than saying 'we won 9 titles in a row'.

Ofc I'm in between. I state facts without leaving them out like haters do all the time here. The comparisons with totally different era's are so incredibly stupid, it's comical at best.

Managament too. Previous managements? Sure they did, agreed. But we've been changing for years now. Give the new guys in charge a chance.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
That was not the case when Allegri came back? Pirlo won a Coppa and we were already in a free fall. Add a total financial collapse, key injuries, doped players, gambling players and you'll get a more balanced picture than saying 'we won 9 titles in a row'.

Ofc I'm in between. I state facts without leaving them out like haters do all the time here. The comparisons with totally different era's are so incredibly stupid, it's comical at best.

Managament too. Previous managements? Sure they did, agreed. But we've been changing for years now. Give the new guys in charge a chance.
How long are you going to blame external circumstances for coach's obvious ineptness to get the team to string three passes together?

Doped players? The doped player that Allegro wanted to build the team around?

Injured players? The terrorist medical staff that he brought along with him who have made this club a hellhole and nothings been done about it? What about comments from some of the players that left who have talked about a (lack of a) training regime?

Total financial collapse? What about all the investments made on some of the best talent in the league of which most of them look worse as they are entering their prime years?

Thanks for admitting Allegro is a shit coach who relies on stacked squads and individual brilliance to win games. Never been more apparent then now.

'I ask my players to just run towards the opposition half so that they can figure something out'. Sums up JJ for the last 3 years.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
How long are you going to blame external circumstances for coach's obvious ineptness to get the team to string three passes together?

Doped players? The doped player that Allegro wanted to build the team around?

Injured players? The terrorist medical staff that he brought along with him who have made this club a hellhole and nothings been done about it? What about comments from some of the players that left who have talked about a (lack of a) training regime?

Total financial collapse? What about all the investments made on some of the best talent in the league of which most of them look worse as they are entering their prime years?

Thanks for admitting Allegro is a shit coach who relies on stacked squads and individual brilliance to win games. Never been more apparent then now.

'I ask my players to just run towards the opposition half so that they can figure something out'. Sums up JJ for the last 3 years.
I specifically said results are acceptable because of the circumstances. I don't care about esthetics and don't do overreactions like 'not stringing 3 passes together' since we're going to end in the CL spots for the second year in a row... I guess the others don't make it to 2 passes.

So now you're blaming Allegri that Pogba doped? Man, this hate logic is getting worse and worse.

I've seen those comments in both directions... Some players said it was easy, some said it was fxcking hard at Juve. So that cancels out.

I've never seen a coach that doesn't rely on his players for results. But we can def agree on Allegri not being the best building coach, which is exactly why he should go.

Yeah, anyone that quotes that sentence, takes it out of context and believes that was the coaching, is def classified as a hater. No other way around it. It's an obvious troll as he does so often.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
that's the guy who's a beast but has been out for months with injury, and already had 2 acl tears? :baus: like the guy but hard pass because of his injury record

Is Schira even reliable anymore? :boh: :b81:

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely despise Failegri now. His 3 seasons back have been an absolute and abject failure. We have regressed, both in terms of play style and results. We should be able to achieve top 4 in the weakest Serie Ass in ages. All teams, Sfinter aside, have vulnerabilities and inconsistencies. Failegri has managed to set negative record after negative record, whether in Serie Ass or the CL, and with every subsequent failure, we've somehow allowed ourselves to temper expectations and lower the bar - that is simply inexxcusable and unacceptable.

magician

Oct 22, 2022
My expectation for Juventus in recent years.
  • Qualify for top 4 every year. Always.
  • Strong whole hearted performances in CL and advancement from group stage. Always
  • Coppa Italia Semi finals
  • Introduce younger players every year
  • Develop a style / become more dominant on the pitch year over year
That has always been the most realistic expectation ever since Sarri was kicked out, AA panicked and some fans drowned in their own hubris after 9 years of domination and expected that just with another rehiring of the current baldy fraud of a coach the club would've instantly bounced back to being elite.

In fact it if we're me in charge, rebuilding would've been my plan after Cardiff instead of continuing with Allegri and wasting money on Ronaldo. (And also with or without Marotta)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Is Schira even reliable anymore? :boh: :b81:
he is. if he writes about something then there is something. whether it's real interest or just some smokescreen is an other thing.

btw boniface is a hot name, i bet many pl clubs would gamble on him if he was on the market. i don't see us buying him. i also don't see dusan leaving. i think he'll sign a new contract eventually, we'll get rid of kean and milik, and find a cheaper backup 9 :boh:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus are one step away from signing Felipe Anderson as free agent, deal imminent! Formal proposal sent to the Brazilian winger, all set to be sealed soon.Verbal agreement at final stages, details being sorted and then… here we go! (@FabrizioRomano)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 33, Guests: 55)