Suikoden Series. (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2002
imo Final Fantasy : Spirit Within is not a bad movie. it is up to my standard.
The main reason it failed because expectations are too high. they expect the movie to be super super good(10 stars), but it turned out that the movie only get 8 out 10 stars. (imo)
that's why they're dissappointed and start bashing the movie.
another factor is the storyline is a bit complicated, I have to watch the movie twice to understand perfectly the whole story, (the Gaia, the origin of alien,etc...)

so in the end, I think this movie is good. :thumb:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
imo Final Fantasy : Spirit Within is not a bad movie. it is up to my standard.
The main reason it failed because expectations are too high. they expect the movie to be super super good(10 stars), but it turned out that the movie only get 8 out 10 stars. (imo)
that's why they're dissappointed and start bashing the movie.
another factor is the storyline is a bit complicated, I have to watch the movie twice to understand perfectly the whole story, (the Gaia, the origin of alien,etc...)

so in the end, I think this movie is good. :thumb:
well u are quite right... it was not bad movie... but what really pissed me off...is that i was waiting for a movie bsed on what final fantrasy really is, and no those SCi Fi thing.
I was really waiting for a tale of knights and dragons (like the old ffs) or story more resembled to the games of the Ps and ps2... or at least a mix of all the games i dont know.

But they wanted to do it more commercial...and the whole group of fans that were waiting the obvious...were clearly dissapointed.

This time, it seems that they learned the lesson (but maybe its too late to fix the error of the past), and they did a movie based on fianl fantays game... a sequel to be precise.

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
well u are quite right... it was not bad movie... but what really pissed me off...is that i was waiting for a movie bsed on what final fantrasy really is, and no those SCi Fi thing.
I was really waiting for a tale of knights and dragons (like the old ffs) or story more resembled to the games of the Ps and ps2... or at least a mix of all the games i dont know.

But they wanted to do it more commercial...and the whole group of fans that were waiting the obvious...were clearly dissapointed.

This time, it seems that they learned the lesson (but maybe its too late to fix the error of the past), and they did a movie based on fianl fantays game... a sequel to be precise.
yeah, and sum it up with 1 year delay of release date. :fero:

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    What i wanted was an epic adventure with magic and jenova and stuff. not some alien crap. It was not a bad movie, decent voice acting, good action scenes, but IMO it was at points just plain boring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)