Suicide (6 Viewers)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Ask him how he feels. If he's open about it, you can get him to tell you why he feels that way pretty quickly. Don't pry too tactlessly though, or you might piss him off.

It's hard to decide what to do untill you know the cause of his depression.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
It's hard for me to suggest anything. A bloke isn't going to accept a shoulder to cry on, so all I can really suggest is that you and all of the rest of his friends stay in touch with him. People who feel they have lots of people who care about them are less likely to give up.

Lemon

Dec 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by MiaWallace ] ++
hey guys.... i'm new on this forum and well didn't have time to read all the replies to this thread but i wanna ask something and i'll be happy if someone answers my question
wtf do you do when your friend is praying for something to kill him ?
he's not like a really good friend of mine b/c i don't know him for that long but i think he's a very nice person and i don't see him in person much so i can't really give him a hug or anything ....
i try talking to him but i just run out of things to say ...... i really can't think of anything i can do for him .... so if anyone ever been in a situation like that please tell me what happened and stuff .... thank you
mia...
im not really saying this from experience....but i think what u can do is try and get to know him better ...if theres some way u can spend more time with him ........build his confidence in you ....maybe you can figure what exactly the cause of his want for something to kill him is.....and once u feel u know him better ....and have a btter idea of what he's going through .....maybe u can help him out with his issues......find ways for him .....because many a time what happns is ...when a person is really stressed out they cant think straight ...and thats why sometimes even when the solution is right in front of you ....one cant see it ....cuz his mind is so very bogged down with the problem itself.....

oh and about making conversation with him .....try and find common ground ...something you both are interested in ..like sports ..music...movies etc...and once u find something in common ..conversation flows easily...

best of luck

LEMON

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hey Mia i hate to interrupt, but since i know u check out this thread, i was just wonderin how u found this forum. just seein ur profile u don't seem to be interested in sports at all... i think it's cool if u just came to have a chat. I know it's a bit late, but welcome :)

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
oh thank you
yeah you're right i just came here to chat
because i was looking for some nice forums and well you guys looked like you had something to talk aobut :)
i don't care that i'm not a sports fan i'm sure everyone on here can deal with it too ....
but i found it through google somehow, don't remember how exactly

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
2 gray:
o wow ! i didn't expect anyone to figure it out ....
man i love all tarantino movies and especially Pulp Fiction
you know, i even thought of chaning my real name to Mia but then that would be kinda disrespctful towards my parents

hmm talking about my name in a suicide thread ..... :/

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Anyone tried shock therapy. I don't know how/ or if it will work in a suicidal case. Once I was feeling unwell. Nothing big but it was very irritating & I was really getting pissed off. I visited the local hospital and what I saw at the casualty made me realise that what I was going through was very minor compared to some people being brought in. This helped a helluva lot. The fact that my situation was better off than most people kinda disolved the world revolving around me.
The worst thing you can do is belittle someone's troubles however small so this is a pretty tough therapy.

Lemon

Dec 15, 2003
u know mia.....

dajuve is kinda right ...when u compare your own problem with anothers problem which is way bigger ...it might make your problem seem smaller...and this helps but only sometimes....it varies from individual to individual ....it might help some ppl but then again it may make one feel more depressed..

u know ...sometimes keeping your mind occupied with things you like to do helps a lot....as they say an empty mind is the devil's workshop ..
distracting ones mind from a problem can actually help....my cousin for instance...she's has 2 bad marriages..like reeely bad...and she's all alone now...there was a time when i wasnt sure if she'd let herself live through the day... i advised her to occupy her mind with things she likes to do...and thats what she does...she's always keeping busy...not allowing her mind to rest even for a while....thats kinda solved half her problems...

be there for your friend ....cuz sometimes thats all that helps...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)