Suggestion--Name Changes (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Biggie Smalls was a playwrite?

I thought his job was just to come out of the mirror at Halloween if you look in the mirror and say his name 3 times

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Tifoso Lou said:
It bugs you because it makes you suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune?
No, it bugs me that all the so-called literature experts are comparing Shakespeare's works to modern plays and theatre works, pointing out his beauty. When in fact, it would be vastly more culturally correct to compare Shakespeare's work to modern television and cinema productions. In which case Shakespeare as a writer suffers various blows.

And then of course there's literature classes at schools and universities where students read Shakespeare's best work (the plays) in order to be submerged in the beauty of his works.

WRONG.

Shakespeare didn't read his plays so people could read them. That's the whole damn point.

So I suppose you could say it's not Shakespeare by definition who annoys me, rather it's modern idiots claiming his alledged brilliance for all the wrong reasons.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
You make some valid points Erik, but in the end, does one's reason for appreciating an artwork/literary piece/anything really matter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)