Successors to Thuram Cannavaro. Replacement for Zebina? (4 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well i always liked bonera and ferrari. but ferrari dissappointed me last season but i hope he does well this season with everton.

Bonera isnt the same as he was a couple of yrs ago, but he still gives 100% which is always a great thing.

Barzagli is not juve material for my liking.

i think that giannicheda can be used at the back. If we could keep chiellini he could be used at the back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
well dunno mancini would be a beter right back then zebina for sure, and zambrota defenxive abilities are proved he is one of the best defenders in the world and in the left back position he is in the top 3 im sure

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
A young centre half is a must. Personally I'd go for Luis Perea (At. Madrid), Andrea Barzagli (Palermo), Vincent Kompany (Anderlecht) or Gonzalo Rodriguez (Villarreal). As for right back, Maicon of Monaco if we want someone who can get forward or Palermo's Cristian Zaccardo if a stay at home defensive full back will do.
very nice names.

i would like to see kompany join as he is able to play centre back as well as defensive midfield if need. kind of kill two birds with one stone. Rodriguez would be good also.

RB: Maicon
CBs: Kompany & Rodriguez.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

very nice names.

i would like to see kompany join as he is able to play centre back as well as defensive midfield if need. kind of kill two birds with one stone. Rodriguez would be good also.

RB: Maicon
CBs: Kompany & Rodriguez.
id take kompany before all others, but closely followed by Rodi, then maicon and barzagli.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
Kompany could become very expensive...
Indeed but he would be well worth it IMO. Realistically I don't see us competing with the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United and the Milan clubs for his signature.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Indeed but he would be well worth it IMO. Realistically I don't see us competing with the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United and the Milan clubs for his signature.
nope we havent got a chance, which is a shame.

OP
shaunabdilla
Aug 30, 2005
  • Thread Starter #49
    I suppose you all heard about the speculation regarding Ashley Cole to Juventus about two months ago. Moggi considered the move, but then thought about the consequences:-

1)Either Zambrotta moves up to left Midfield
    This means Nedved moves to centre midfield replacing emerson.

2)Or Zambrotta moves to right back
    A difficult move for him considering the long time he has spent on the left

3)Or Zambrotta replaced
    Fat Chance

4)Or Cole used only as substitute to Zambrotta
    Ashley did not accept this

What do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)