Subs. (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think you guys realised it. For the 2nd time Capello is making only 1subs in a game. He could have tried Kapo in todays game , or insert Tachinardi, it's really strange. I don't see the positive thing in it. Any exp for this?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    yea but at least it's not fair and not Logic at all...we don't have the bench just to keep watching the players , they could have sat with the fans instead of sitting on the bench...

I can't read capello's mind !

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    lippi used to make three substitutions in every match.sometimes he'd use them up by the 65th minute.

capello could utilize his bench players more but since his reasons for not doing so(whatever they are) are working(apparently) i won't argue:D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    lippi used to make three substitutions in every match.sometimes he'd use them up by the 65th minute.

capello could utilize his bench players more but since his reasons for not doing so(whatever they are) are working(apparently) i won't argue:D

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

But it's not the way it should go, lots of players in the bench they need and should Have played.

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
    Considering Capellos great tactics, its not wise to sub 3 players every game, especially when your in lead only one goal ahead. Subs can sometime trouble a squad, and cause a bit mess. For instance Kapo, he is still new in Juve, so there would be alot of confusion. But in time, I think he will sub more and more as the team know eachother and know their duties.

Go Capello ;)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by MeRs0 ] ++
    Considering Capellos great tactics, its not wise to sub 3 players every game, especially when your in lead only one goal ahead. Subs can sometime trouble a squad, and cause a bit mess. For instance Kapo, he is still new in Juve, so there would be alot of confusion. But in time, I think he will sub more and more as the team know eachother and know their duties.

Go Capello ;)
    finally one who understands.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I do not think anyone here or in the world of football has 'fair' as a criteria, there is a tactic, there is a manager and they decide

I would have never seen DP subbed were he playing football yesterday - even that substitution had a reason

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
    I think that Capello only uses substitutions when he has to.
    In the Bayern match, he said he subbed Del Piero after 1 hour of play because that's all the time his recent injury allowed for. When things are going well, there's no reason to change your tactics/players. I'm with Capello on this one.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Me too, there's no point in using substitutions for the heck of it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    exactly.there'd be a bone for contention if the team isn't getting results but since they are we've got nothing to complain about.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    yeah i think we can afford to give a few bench players a start.it'd give the first teamers some rest and allow the team to maintain competitiveness for a longer period of time.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by MeRs0 ] ++

Go Capello ;)
    Have to Agree :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)