:stress: (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
yep, dbpoweramp is the bomb :cool:
Nina, use windows media player to copy the files from your cd on to your computer, then use dbpoweramp to convert them from wma to mp3 format.

(you will need to download a seperate codec from dbpoweramp.com to enable this conversion to take place)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
If you are looking for the best possible sound quality, you should use EAC (exact Audio Copy) and the LAME codec. It is a bit more complicated to use then a more user friendly program though.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
If you are looking for the best possible sound quality, you should use EAC (exact Audio Copy) and the LAME codec. It is a bit more complicated to use then a more user friendly program though.
DBPowerAMP does also have lame codec.

Nina the easiest way to convert it, is to just put the cd in the drive and click on the new icon MusicConverter. Then the rest is easy

OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    Well, I got that dbpoweramp thingy and it's quite easy to use, I liek it :) What bit rate is adviced to use for the tracks to still sound good? Obvioulsy the higher the better, but then the files are bigger, so I'm looking for the lowest acceptable line :)

Thank you very much for helping :)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    Use 128 its still good quality.

192 is the most common, but i cant hear the difference beetwen them, i can only hear the changes when i take the rate down to 64.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    Nina, may I ask what you are looking to do with these mp3s? Backups for Cds, putting them on a small flash based player, putting them on a lrager player, whatever. There are many ways to do this and each solution is right for a different person.

OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #13
    I have 4 or 5 CDs from the same band borrowed and I'm gonna put them all on one CD :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    I have 4 or 5 CDs from the same band borrowed and I'm gonna put them all on one CD :)
    Hangon.. that changes everything. 4 or 5 CDs contain what, 100 songs at max? Most MP3s of decent quality are around 6-7 MB at most... so why do you want to reduce the size of the files? You can probably keep them at CD quality and fit them all on a blank comfortably ;)

OP

nina

Feb 18, 2001
  • Thread Starter #15
    That's true, but I also have to do something else so it's always good to know and be prepaired :D :)

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Use 128 its still good quality.

192 is the most common, but i cant hear the difference beetwen them, i can only hear the changes when i take the rate down to 64.
    you wont feel the difference on pc audio or simple cd players. difference is really felt when you use high quality headphones or home stereo will all the surround bullshit etc.

so nina if you want to make an mp3 cd that you will play on your walkman, i suggest you using the highest quality mp3s available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)