Stranger Things (4 Viewers)

OP
Juventino[RUS]

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
  • Thread Starter #101
    Yeah. I wasn’t fond of it as a whole. It had good moments and bits, but I feel they took some of the nonsensical feminist critiques of the first two seasons to heart and went a little overboard in that direction, seemed too forced and obvious.

And the editing, which was amazing in the first two seasons, was nowhere near as amazing this year, far too jumpy.
    The fuck

- - - Updated - - -

This show shows many different types of caricatures on FBI, CIA, Soviets, people from suburbs, teachers, teenagers, parents, conspiracy theorists, government secret researching, plus add here the 80s vibes, plus many different references to iconic movies inside the series - the terminator, the thing, the star wars, back to the future, the Ghostbusters, die hard and so on and so on, and it mixed with paranormal activity theme, kids, telekinesis, drama, and you are getting a perfect cocktail named the stranger things

- - - Updated - - -

How the fuck can you dislike it is beyond my understanding.
    The only thing that I really dislike is that the plot about other kids with telekinesis was forgotten, somehow Eleven's desire to find other kids to finally understand who they are and what they are capable to do is completely gone

Especially after this - Kali is eight, so we have 8 and 11, where are the other kids? it was super weird to erase this part of the story
    20190707_064424.jpg

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Last edited:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    You can only hind behind caricatures of tropes for so long. Stranger things fell into the pitfsll of becoming cliché itself. It was hollow, boring, lacked a constant tone and clear set of rules, fakesuspsense- there have been No real stakes since season 2 started- and had No story at all.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    Watched season 3 finally, The season was great at first, I loved it up until the last three episodes which had lots of bad moments, Forced scenes to fill the void of screen time even while the tensions in the plot used to build up. In these, you get the characters admitting stuff about each other, fuck me that's so cliché, And they go on and on. That scene where Suzie and Dustin sang during the battle was super cringe as well.

All in all, it was still entertaining but I'm getting the impression they don't know anymore what to do.

I'm disappointed since some people I know hyped it up but still. Good but could have been better.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Surely I stand alone but the 'mindless entertainment' niche suits this show much better than the 'serious mystery' niche from S1. It's an hommage to silly 80s movies with exaggerated bad guys and children protagonists crossing their plans with walkie-talkies and bubblegum. One could rightfully argue that it's a soullless nostalgia grab but to me it can't go the 'Dark' route anymore without getting EXPOSED AS FRAUD. It had to change its niche which it did successfully imo

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    Surely I stand alone but the 'mindless entertainment' niche suits this show much better than the 'serious mystery' niche from S1. It's an hommage to silly 80s movies with exaggerated bad guys and children protagonists crossing their plans with walkie-talkies and bubblegum. One could rightfully argue that it's a soullless nostalgia grab but to me it can't go the 'Dark' route anymore without getting EXPOSED AS FRAUD. It had to change its niche which it did successfully imo
    I think you're right even if season 1 was my favourite one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)