Still envious of Roma's defence? (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Madrid will never get Totti

Mexes and Ferrari need time to get together and understand together and with Pellizolli, Chivu is injured as well, so you cant say the defence is rubbish, when they havent had time and arent completely there!
:rofl::LOL: Strange that just last week Valdano said that they'd have got Totti if he wasn't that awful in EURO2004... :rolleyes: Anyway, surely he'll leave after this season if Roma can't develop...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    Personally, I'd go for talented youngster, not old (although it doesnt matter too much) and injury-prone Canna!
    And thats wy Roma is 13th with 12 conceded goals in 5 games ;)

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    Madrid will never get Totti

Mexes and Ferrari need time to get together and understand together and with Pellizolli, Chivu is injured as well, so you cant say the defence is rubbish, when they havent had time and arent completely there!
    Nicole is PPELLIZZOLLI NOT Pellizolli.

xziz :D

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    Personally, I'd go for talented youngster, not old (although it doesnt matter too much) and injury-prone Canna!
    Much better a youger long-term injury prone Chivu.

xziz :devil:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i'll admit,i was one of those who was very impressed with roma's defence in pre season.

in the preseason friendlies mexes was playing better than any of the matches canna or thuram have played this season.sure,i've seen two matches of him this season and he's played quite badly,but like i also said in the long term this will prove to a very good defence.chivu will return to marshall it,ferrari hasn't played at a championship club before and mexes has to adapt to serie a.

zebina and canna don't have any of those problems,but then again they don't have a good 12 years ahead of them either.i think it's still to early to judge them properly,and another thing to note is how roma have had to cope with various problems this season.prandelli's premature departure,voeller's sacking,cassano's tantrums,lack of team spirit and also samuel's sale have badly affected them.overall bad form of the team has also had to bear some of the responsibility.again,juve have none of these problems.if our bad form had hit us early and roma had been on a streak it would be very different now.as it is juve is just starting the season well like we always do.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Zebina is 24, he is young, and ill bet you people would have gone tired of a defender after 12 years in the club, who has said Mexes and Ferrari is the right man for Roma the next 12 years?.

Thank god Juve does what they do, Canna and Zebina costed us nothing. Its much better to buy established players, after all Juve isnt a talent fabric. And no matter what, they will allways be competitive!!!!.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    'and ill bet you people would have gone tired of a defender after 12 years in the club'

With all due respect, that is rubbish, Man United have had players at there club for years before they left, Dennis Irwin, Palister, Neville etc etc.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
    Zebina is 24, he is young, and ill bet you people would have gone tired of a defender after 12 years in the club, who has said Mexes and Ferrari is the right man for Roma the next 12 years?.

Thank god Juve does what they do, Canna and Zebina costed us nothing. Its much better to buy established players, after all Juve isnt a talent fabric. And no matter what, they will allways be competitive!!!!.
    Exactly.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I'd take Roma's defence over ours anyday, with a long term viewpoint that should be the top defence in world football for a hell of a long time to come provided they have good quality wingbacks. Chivu, Dellas, Ferrari, Mexes. Who's gonna argue with that?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    We thought they'd be rock solid this year too and look what happened. What I'm saying is that you cant predict the future, they might very well tunr out to be shite.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    We thought they'd be rock solid this year too and look what happened. What I'm saying is that you cant predict the future, they might very well tunr out to be shite.
    I have to agree with that. But I suspect if the same players were in Capello's disposal here at Juventus, they might have a better chance of succeeding IMO. The enviornment of Roma at the moment is volatile, and thats not good for young starlets to begin their career in that sort of atmosphere.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I'd take Roma's defence over ours anyday, with a long term viewpoint that should be the top defence in world football for a hell of a long time to come provided they have good quality wingbacks. Chivu, Dellas, Ferrari, Mexes. Who's gonna argue with that?
    You live in the world of illusion!, those players is nothing more than hyped up, soon everyone will see it. Mexes is Roma's Legrottaglie!.

Aug 1, 2003
    Individually they have a better defence, it's just that they have some internal problems. The strength of their defence will be shown in due time I believe, so I won't be celebrating just yet

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Are you saying that Chivu and mexes is induvidually better than Cannavaro and Thuram who has been worldclass players for many years??, if so, then you dont have a clue.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm not envious of their defence, but I'm still pissed that they beat us to Mexes and Ferrari. Imo pairing the two together is a mistake. Next to a more experienced defender like Cannavaro they wouldn't be struggling like they are now.

In the end Moggi made the right decision :thumb:

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    Well, individually, they both have the potential to reach the worldclass status both canna and thuram have reached in their prime.
    Both then developing both players at the same time is kind of a big gamble. Either they both relish the opportunity and develop really really fast, or endup like now :D
    Would be nice if we have one of them, personally i prefer Chivu, it would be so nice to have him as an understudy to our aging defense core.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    dont 4 get guys tht thuram and canna willleave soccer after 2 years or so,, but mexes and ferrari will play for dozens of years ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)