Still envious of Roma's defence? (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
We thought they'd be rock solid this year too and look what happened. What I'm saying is that you cant predict the future, they might very well tunr out to be shite.
well yeah but who'd have known?

besides i'd wait a couple more months before starting to boast about our own defence as well,it's only been 5 matches.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Well, you know how your all going on about how rubbish our defence is, it kept the so-called 'best striker in the world' quiet...(best, affording to Inter fans)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Well, you know how your all going on about how rubbish our defence is, it kept the so-called 'best striker in the world' quiet...(best, affording to Inter fans)
With the result of 3 other goals conceded.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
It is amazing how you can find postives from a game where the defense sucked.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

You live in the world of illusion!, those players is nothing more than hyped up, soon everyone will see it. Mexes is Roma's Legrottaglie! .
Still i'd choose Legro over Mexes anytime :) !

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Maybe I just bought all the hype, but I have always liked Mexes. I can't believe the way Recoba torched him for that goal. Maybe Mexes will turn out like Legro, but Roma's defense will improve when Chivu returns from injury.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
You live in the world of illusion!, those players is nothing more than hyped up, soon everyone will see it. Mexes is Roma's Legrottaglie!.
Sure.

sally
Individually they have a better defence, it's just that they have some internal problems. The strength of their defence will be shown in due time I believe, so I won't be celebrating just yet
I'm inclined to agree. Those players are class, and will surely show it sooner or later

Sep 14, 2003
Mexes' difficulties haven't surprised me, playing in Farnce (and the CL) is one thing, playing in Italy is another. I'm more surprised with Ferrari's poor form. When they get it together, and they will, they'll form a very strong defense.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Maybe I just bought all the hype, but I have always liked Mexes. I can't believe the way Recoba torched him for that goal. Maybe Mexes will turn out like Legro, but Roma's defense will improve when Chivu returns from injury.
Even chivu can't solve the problem !

Aug 1, 2003
Are you saying that Chivu and mexes is induvidually better than Cannavaro and Thuram who has been worldclass players for many years??, if so, then you dont have a clue.
No, but in long term they will have a better defence than us if we fail to get good young defenders (which we seem to have problem doing); and also player-by-player following majority YES, individually they do have a better defence. Thuram and Canna are already class players, and they would stay that way. But with their age etc, they could only go lower, wherelse Chivu and Mexes can only improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)