Steve Irwin died in freak accident (3 Viewers)

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Absolutely loved Steve Irwin, a terrible tragedy, he will be sorely missed. :cry:

A huge loss for conservation and his adoring public, myself included. He was almost an anti-Attenborough in that he jumped in the mud, the sea, anywhere and everywhere to protect endangered reptiles and other animals. Massive enthusiasm and a born entertainer! my huge condolences to his family, his fellow aussies and the entire world.

Rip Steve:cry:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Could have been a slip in the bathtub. A stingray seems like a better way to go for him I suppose.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Even watching the various tv outlets who are currently going to town on this story , not one of them have found a single expert to say they are a "dangerous" creature or to say anything bar him being unlucky
Absolutely correct, Rays are docile creatures, a tragic accident, Rays shouldn't get a bad rep for this, Steve was just doing his thing, educating and imforming the public about all the wonderful creatures we should try to protect for future generations.

A Sad, sad day.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
swag said:
Could have been a slip in the bathtub. A stingray seems like a better way to go for him I suppose.
I dont know... A lot of people say he died doing what he loved etc, but personally i find it quite sad that a man who gave so much to the animal world was killed by one... Maybe a fall in the bathtub would have been better...

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Respaul said:
I dont know... A lot of people say he died doing what he loved etc, but personally i find it quite sad that a man who gave so much to the animal world was killed by one... Maybe a fall in the bathtub would have been better...

quite agree, it doesn't make it somehow apt or anything, the guy had so much more to give to conservation and so many more young minds to educate, encourage to care and preserve all the wonderful animal species of the world and not just the 'cute' ones!

Will be sadly missed.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I loved the guy, watched him so many times over the years, his quirky personality combined with serious deadlyl animals just makes a great attraction.

Was surprised yesterday when I heard the news, even if it said it wasn't confirmed yet I already managed to contact many of my friends. Its just that you have seen him so many times around deadly animals thinkin' this guys gonna get killed but never does, and now it actually comes to him.

Respaul said:
I disagree, if you ask any person who's devoted themselves to deadly animals/creatures, they would all tell you that they realize full well with what they are dealing with, which are 'animals' . So regardless of how much attention and respect they give to those creatures they would never think to be understood or repaid in hospitality by them. He knew he devoted into something that could not repay him back. I guess for me its more like dying while doing something u passionately love.

But like u Paul, I am surprised that Stingrays, of all creatures, would be the one to kill him. Not that they aren't deadly though, but just that they aren't aggresive creatures.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Just watching some news accounts of this tonight, I was so amazed at Steve's worldwide appeal. I did not realize how universally loved he was. He did great work and always made us laugh.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
we may all have to consider having a Steve Irwin avatar for a day, to commemorate such a good guy (I'm serious)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well is not surpising really..... after all, those creatures have a poisonous barb which can cause serious damage if not treated quickly.

He was unlucky enough to receive the blow in a vital zone.

It could have beena croc, or a shark or whatever... but the fact that he was killed by a wild animal shouldnt be a surprise....as that was part of his daily live... i mean dealing with those animals.

Like someone said,, you will always face risks in every career you choose,,,sadly this are the kind of "risks" you take when dealing with nature.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The Pado said:
Just watching some news accounts of this tonight, I was so amazed at Steve's worldwide appeal. I did not realize how universally loved he was. He did great work and always made us laugh.
That really is an achievement. How many people can you think of gave the natural world such worldwide appeal among humanity? That guy single-handedly inspired millions with an appreciation for nature that they otherwise would not have had.

We sorely need "spokespeople" of his ilk for the sciences in popular, layman culture. (This coming from someone who feels they live in a government-endorsed, newly anti-science culture.)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Don Bes said:
i guess then it was ironic. he survived all those dangerous animals and ended up dying from something so docile
dont know if alfio can confirm this but apparently he died while doing the dangerous stuff that he was doing. He was swimming with those stingrays and one of them drived it's tail straight through his heart.

Thats wat i heard today from some guys here.

OP
Alfio_87

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
  • Thread Starter #80
    sateeh said:
    dont know if alfio can confirm this but apparently he died while doing the dangerous stuff that he was doing. He was swimming with those stingrays and one of them drived it's tail straight through his heart.

Thats wat i heard today from some guys here.
    he was swimming with the fishies doing one of his nature documentries for his daughter who already does shows here in Australia and is getting quite popular she is only 8 years old so look out there will b a new steve irwin soon his daughter!:faq1: It was one in a million all experts have said on the incident!!
    Interesting news coming into today all of the footage of his death has been captured as the behind the scenes cameras where on when he was stung by the stingray apprentally the footage shows when the barb rips into his chest area and than ripped out:cry: :cry: ! I guess one day they will show the footage or maybe they will destroy it we just have to wait on that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)