Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (91 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think the discussion here is too simplified to the point of: We need a CF more than Jovetic.

While we undoubtedly need a top quality CF more than Jovetic, the real question is: "Do we need someone more than Jovetic, only because the someone is a CF"

I think that our squad, as it is now, is more than capable to win serie A again. In CL, after years of absence and/or awful results, I just don't see us challenging and the lack of a CF might only result with being eliminated a round earlier. If there isn't a top quality CF on the market, then imo it's crazy to sacrifice buying Jovetic only to buy a CF.

So it all comes down to how do people rate Llorente and Dzeko. I guess some think buying a CF of their quality is worthy of missing out on Jovetic. Some don't.

Personally I'd gamble and keep Matri as a CF. In Juve's position in serie A and CL, I'd rather have Jovetic play for Juve than buy Edin or Llorente. In the long run, for the time when we will be able to compete in CL as equals to the favorites, Jo-Jo will be much more worthy than Llorente or Dzeko.
Cavani or Falcao would make me say the opposite of the above, but it looks like we don't stand a chance there.
I'd sign Dzeko or Llorente because I consider them both excellent players.

I wouldn't, for instance, sign Cardozo or anyone else or a lower standard just because they are a CF.

Even if no CF was bought, I'm still not entirely convicned Juve would be better signing Jovetic than signing no-one and waiting until next summer to have another go at getting a CF.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Eurosport - Juve, Della Valle has no intention of losing out on Jovetic while the agent wants to bring him to Turin

---------- Post added 27.08.2012 at 21:49 ----------

Gazzetta.it - Juve, is running out for Jovetic.

Juve continued to work to get to the coveted "top player". As reported by Gazzetta.it, the Bianconeri are ready to put on the plate 30 million to persuade Fiorentina Stevan Jovetic to forgo. This figure, however, is considered by Della Valle just a "gentlemen's agreement" and not an out clause, as he believes the player's agent. Should be right the entourage of the attacker Montenegro, the club Viola could sit to deal with Marotta to maybe try to insert a compensation technique (much like Quagliarella) in the deal.

---------- Post added 27.08.2012 at 21:52 ----------

When a player like Jovetic comes around and is available for us, we should jump at the opportunity and forget that "CF is the priority".

From reports, it seems like Conte really wants Jojo. He will make it work.
Did Conte really say that ?

Apr 29, 2006
Is this a smart deal I ask myself?

On one hand you have Jojo = a player I consider capable of being top 50 name, if not already.

On the other we have to get him from a rival, really fuck up their project and piss them off to the maximum. Surely, we are also waiting on a possible swap of some kind. Not underestimating the bargaining power of Marotta, but I just don't see us getting a fair price or lower in this deal.

...?

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I'd sign Dzeko or Llorente because I consider them both excellent players.

I wouldn't, for instance, sign Cardozo or anyone else or a lower standard just because they are a CF.

Even if no CF was bought, I'm still not entirely convicned Juve would be better signing Jovetic than signing no-one and waiting until next summer to have another go at getting a CF.
When you have a chance of signing a player of Jovetic calibre, you put a side the team necessities. If we don't get a CF, and we end up with Jovetic, then we are better off than our current situation.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
How would it work of we offer 30m? Would Fiorentina be obliged to accept it or cam they still refuse, coz I dunno if this is a buyout clause. We're all calling it a gentleman 's agreement, and DV ain't no gentleman. :D

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Alen #6023

The Dzeko/Lloerente vs Jovetic analysis is perfectly correct.

Whilst both strikers are both perfectly adequate individuals capable of scoring plenty of goals given proper service from wingers and midfield suppliers, the real priority is for us to find a fitting replacement for Alessandro Del Piero.

His absence cannot be underestimated. The board and coaching staff had plenty of time to prepare for this.
Stevan Jovetic is undoubtedly a talented, creative player, understandably coveted by leading European clubs. Unlike both CF's he is much more of a gamechanger capable of elevating the quality of play to the next level. A level that would be commensurate to our expectations to defend the Scudetto whilst getting to the last 8 in the CL.

The Juve board is no doubt convening regularly as the deadline approaches and I am convined we have to be bold financially in order to conclude the deal to make Jovetic a Juventus player. The funds are available and Marotta needs to be given carte blanche to proceed with funds necessary over the next 24/48 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)